2012/2013 Fur Pic Thread.............

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Fox taken to the taxidermist, going to do something like this, I'd like to mount a gray fox underneath looking up at the red fox. Which is just a good excuse to go hunt the eastern side of the state!
i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_foxtaxi_zpsb0839069.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My buddy bought a new fox pro caller so we took it out this afternoon. I'm still hobbling a bit, so he dropped me off , and then went out and set up the decoy and call. The remote works out to 200 yds. We set up 150 yds away as the wind wasn't right.
Made three sets with no takers.
Fourth set, a dog came out on my side and hung up about 200 yards out. Put a 55 grain SP in his side, and dropped him like a rock.
Next set, told him it was entirely his shot, I'd do backup duty.
Sure as heck, he came out on my side. It was impossible for my friend to shoot, so I busted another male at 150 yds. We kept the call running, and a third came out 400 yds away, trotting. He disappeared behind a terrace. Thought he might come around, but never did.

If you ever hear somebody say they shot the crap out of a coyote, it's possible! Lol check out the last pic. :D

img.tapatalk.com_d_13_03_17_qe7e8a9u.jpg

img.tapatalk.com_d_13_03_17_3y5yqamy.jpg

img.tapatalk.com_d_13_03_17_azuqevud.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom