2012 Rut Reports

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw a large 12 pointer (huge rack and body) with his nose to the ground on Sunday (11-11-12). Oh, and this was on Santa Fe and Coffee Creek in Edmond!!!!

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rattled in two bucks this morning from two different stands. Wind got to be bad at location one so I pulled up shop and moved to another stand. Rattled a buck in at each. One was a two year old 8 pt, the other was a mature buck, 6 point/fork horn. Just wasn't what I was looking for.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Rattled in two bucks this morning from two different stands. Wind got to be bad at location one so I pulled up shop and moved to another stand. Rattled a buck in at each. One was a two year old 8 pt, the other was a mature buck, 6 point/fork horn. Just wasn't what I was looking for.

Aggressive rattling or just tickling the tines?

nativehunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
two bucks sparing in my back yard mustang area ruts getting closer
i1209.photobucket.com_albums_cc384_tysrsx69_PRMS0496.jpg

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went out today at a place outside of Clayton. Sat in a wooded strip of trees about 75 yards wide that connects a few meadows. Morning was surprisingly slow. Saw three does and one small buck. About 11 am things really started moving around and seemed to taper off around 1. In that period I had 6 different bucks cruise within 30 yards, except for one which I was glassing in the meadow. All were relatively small bucks, except for the one way out in the meadow. He was decent. None were with does when they passed, but were nose to the ground. Two were spikes that I called in with a bleat can. Late afternoon winds shifted, and not in my favor. Didn't see anything but does, mostly on the other side of the meadow. Awesome day for an all day sit.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got back in.

Went tonight, and saw three shooter bucks, one a huge animal. One is abnormally wide, I mean freakishly wide. Tines aren't that tall, but WIDE!

The one I saw yesterday that had a lot of points showed up. Him and a typical 10 point stood nose to nose for 30 minutes, untill it got too dark for me to see them at 175 yds. Finally saw their sillouetes split up and go different ways.

Sadly the road hunters are starting to show up. One pickup came by that stubble field where the deer were hanging out three times, and another twice.
Again, sadly they are all on the neighbors side.

Latest posts

Top Bottom