2012 Rut Reports

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
went driving back roads in dewey county(leedey area) this morning,started at daylight drove for 1 hr.never seen any rutting sign what so ever,never even seen a little buck,all i saw was 1 ole doe by herself.still a few days away before it gets crazie

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
found a new scrape and rub just forty yaers from my tower the other day. i havve not gone any deeper into the brush as to keep it clean for rifle. we saw the biggest buck we've ever seen on our place opening day of BP. hope he sticks around...

welcome to the forum gump. i won't be far from shattuck on the 17th. we have not seen much activity for a few weeks at my buddys farm up there. hopefully i can get a fresh report after this weekend

BOTLDPONY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
saw a 8 chasing a doe in my front yard last night around 630 he chased her through my 5 ac and then through the neighbors. this is the little axe area report.

one more week...i hope it will be as good out west still (watonga) when i get back out there for gun.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I just braved the wind as long as I could this morning
Saw 4 different bucks chasing doe. One looked like a mature buck but I never got a good look at him
. One was a young six hot on a doe the what looked to be a decent 10 pt (120ish)right behind them. The later had a doe bring what looked to be about a 3.5 y/o 8pt bout 100" right by my stand. Saw one doe all alone right at sun up and a young buck out cruising as I was leaving.
This was on my river property in NE OK.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
went driving back roads in dewey county(leedey area) this morning,started at daylight drove for 1 hr.never seen any rutting sign what so ever,never even seen a little buck,all i saw was 1 ole doe by herself.still a few days away before it gets crazie

I was out as well not to far west of that area with work. Was out at daylight and covered a good bit of ground. I finally saw three does milling around in some china berry trees around 9. Nothing with them.

Light breeze.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went out with the Xbow this evening. I should have dressed a little heavier. It was cold as hell with a north wind. I dressed for 50 degrees, but it quickly dropped to the high 30's. Kept doing static exercises in the tree to stay warm, and about 1600 hours, some does came out on the wheat field on the neighbors about 1/3 miles away. Not too long afterward, a really GOOD buck came out, cut two does from the group, and ran them off a little. I couldn't see his mass, but there were sure a lot of points. He fed with them, chased them, so thats telling me the rut is warming up, although its a little later than normal.
Just before legal shooting was over, two smaller bucks came out of the same area. and joined up. They all fed, chased, fed, and so on.
Just after legal shootng time, about 275 yards away, the buck that makes you fall out of the treestand came out of the same woods. He trotted to the group, and proceeded to disperse the wannabe's.
Sure hope I get a chance at him this coming weekend. I'll be off on Friday before gun season for the Xbow one more time, then its the gun. Still haven't decided which one to use yet though.

bonecollector

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw a decent 8 point stud with a girlfriend just off a country road south of Mustang tonight..... He wasn't bothered by us at all. Mama was a little skiddish but chilled out a bit. All he did is sit and stare at about 50 yards. Saw several other does out and about..... Getting close!

Latest posts

Top Bottom