2012 Season Wrap Up!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spent a lot of my deer season taking some new hunters to the field. 2 hunters harvested there first deer this year with me. I decided to let the deer walk as I had a January Elk hunt in the books. I finally decided to harvest an archery doe before the close of archery. That story is in another thread.

Here is the story of the the boar I killed at the end of muzzle loader season. (Copy and pasted from the "Post Em" topic)
Lots of good bucks in here, but I will have to show a pic of a shaggy head I shot tonight! Unfortunately there wasn't a drop in his tracks for him. I hit him a little far back with the muzzleloader as he was running off. I went in the woods after him with my .357 sig. He wasn't hard to find because of the ruckus he was making. As I got close to him, he turned and came right at me. One round just a little higher than between the eyes put him down for the death flop. Surprisingly I drug him out pretty easy, but loading him was a task I had to call help for.
i106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_DSC02302.jpg

I boiled the skull out myself. Here is a pic fresh out of the water. Looks like I need to work on my aim a little, but not too far off center.
i106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_1132012600.jpg

Here is a hog I killed December 29th.
i106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_12292012700.jpg

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Deer24/7, if I missed the first shot, he was just going to get closer. Luckily my arm is longer than his cutters!

Okie4570, the skull is a little thinner just off center. LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom