2013-14 Deer Season Success

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoryHawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in a stand in the woods. I win already

img.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_01_a6u7u4e8.jpg

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got in the stand nice and early this morn. Got situated in my stand and grabbed the rope to pull my bow up and I guess a deer had walked right underneath my stand, cause as soon as that bow moved, she blew and scared the pee waddin out of me. Got light and I kept getting busted by some deer downwind, blowing and stomping, making all kinds of commotion. Finally they left. Had 9 does and fawns come in the far side of the opening and just passed through. About 15 minutes later a young doe with twins came in and sat in front of me for a good while browsing. I watched them for a while, wanting to shoot one of the fawns that had spots, but never could get a good angle. Two more big does came in with a fawn each. Big doe was a *****. She picked me out of that stand and stood there stomping, but luckily no one else paid any attention to her. She eventually went on with her business but kept giving me those sudden looks. Finally the young doe gave me a 20 yard broadside shot, so I drew back on her and let one rip. Sounded like I hit a piece of plywood. She ran about 30 yards and fell over stone cold dead. She was exactly what I was after this morning. Meat.

questmhsa.com_r00s7a_10_1_13.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom