2013-14 Deer Season Success

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

two-click

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know it's not a very good picture but it's the best I could do . Took my friends next to the youngest son out last night , about 5:15 this doe came in at about 60 yards , he made a good shot and she ran about 50 yards and by the time we found her it was getting dark . This was his first deer . I thought his smile would have been enough light for a better picture .

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome pics OSA. I love looking and reading these post. Congrats to everybody, especially to the folks who have gotten their first, or took someone who got their first. Couple more weeks left...... good luck for the remainder of the season. Be safe out there.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This was my and my wifes question. I'm not going to preach. but letting this animal die slowly over 45 minutes because you didn't take stock of the number of bolts you had was irresponsible.

lose one corner of your man card.

Could have pulled out a knife and slit it's throat. I don't know of a hunter that doesn't carry a knife of some type.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know of a hunter that doesn't carry a knife of some type.

I don't know of a hunter who intentionally shoots deer in the ass with a bow, either, but I guess if you read internet forums long enough you'll come across one. Jesus. I had missed this initial post until your bump. Every time I log back into the H&F section here I'm reminded why I need to spend more time outside, and when I do read forums, stick to general discussions for entertainment.

How about not posting about ass shots being deadly in a forum that has newbie hunters asking for advice. I wish they'd make hunter education mandatory for adults. 45 minutes. 45 minutes. What the hell kind of "solid heart shot" has a 45 minute exsanguination time? Disgusting. I have a harder and harder time defending hunting to non-hunters as I get older. With crap like this all over the internet, it makes us seem like a bunch of cat-torturing, JNCO jeans wearing, pockmarked suburban teenagers. Bad enough there's clowns that think they revolutionized big game hunting by shooting deer in the ass and watching them die for 45 mins, but of course revolutionaries always have to share their discovery with the world.

Sometimes there's a reason you're outnumbered, and it's not always because everyone else is unenlightened. It's one thing to make an accidental bad shot, and I would never make a person feel bad for that, but it's quite another to make an intentional bad shot and have it made obvious to you (the 45 minute expiration time should have done the trick) and still brag about it on the internet.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My nine year old son got his first deer last night and then got to shoot another one today in a hunt that he won from Final Destination that was filmed and will be on there show sometime in the near future. Two deer in two days he was pumped to say the least!!!!

Two deer in his first year!
There are hunters out there that haven't killed a deer in 5. Congrats on getting him out!

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
image.jpg
Last deer picture of the year, and a good one to sum up a successful season. One of my daughters took 3 doe this year while the other took a nice 8 pt buck and a doe. I ended the season with an average 8 pt, a doe and my first elk. All of my freezers are full and we were able to get deer to two needy families.

I spend a lot of time trying to teach my girls right and when they want to donate toys to "the orphanage," and they ask to go hunting 30 mins after opening presents on Christmas morning, I have to think I've got them on the right track.

Happy hunting, everyone!

Latest posts

Top Bottom