2013-14 Deer Season Success

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats on the deer indi!

Its been a tough season for some of us, and like always, some of you folks always pull through with some good deer. Congrats to all that had a good season!

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got this guy yesterday evening. Not a big one, but my parents are selling their house and 3 acres. We've had a feeder in the back for 12 years and I never took a deer there. Had plenty of chances, just never have. Figured this would be my last chance to and after 3 evenings of setting and waiting this one finally decided to cooperate. 30 yard shot out of the back of a little cargo trailer, hey it was the best cover I had in my dad's back yard. lol

www.hunt101.com_data_500_medium_crossbowbuck.jpg

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Dennis! Ive been very fortunate this season. My hunting buddy spoiled me with land that hes hunted for 7 years. Ive gotten a chance to experiance in one season what most people would experiance in five. And i still got so much more to learn. My buddy got another 9 pt two days ago.

Congrats ElkStalkR.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got my mount back from taxidermist in Tennessee today.
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_01_27_hy2e2uty.jpg
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_01_27_yhe7aba3.jpg

Couldn't be happier. Quick turn around and a great job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I finally have a few minutes so I thought I would take care of my whole season with one post. Had a crazy season of nowhere to hunt then places to hunt then losing those and finding new ones. That being said the good Lord took care of me and I scored my biggest/oldest buck to date and a couple of nice does. I have some health problems surfacing and I am not sure how many years of drawing a bow back I have (or climbing a tree in freezing weather for that matter). Really thankful for the opportunities I have had this year.

This buck is my biggest to date. He is low to mid 140s gross and had some age on him. Really heavy body and a huge head! I scouted the place and found an awesome funnel earlier in the day. Got there a little late and hustled to get the climber up the tree (30 feet) just was just getting settled in and heard a twig snap. Looked down and there he was. Really hard deer to judge because his head is so dang big but I saw the split eye guards and made the shot. I was on stand maybe 5 minutes. Talk about a blessing. He is at the taxidermy right now.

These does were shot out of the same stand on a little piece of land I lucked into. I always talk to my patients when giving flu shots and got on the subject of deer hunting and the lady told me her and her husband have 40 acres and way too many deer running around, said she would call me and let me know ( I though yeah right...how many times have I heard that) Next day she calls and gives me the green light. Really hoping to get back on this place next year. Both shot with rage 2 blades from 30 feet up at about 15 yards. Loved hunting in the snow. Congrats to everyone else who scored!! Lots and lots of awesome deer!

Latest posts

Top Bottom