2013-2014 waterfowl success/pictures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had some really good places to shoot woodies in the past but don't have them anymore. We did have several pairs work the decoys this morning but most came in fast and were gone before we got a shot off. My brother said we could sneak along the actual creek and shoot woodies on the place we were on this morning if we didn't limit in the timber but we didn't need to.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where's dirty creek in Muskogee? I grew up there and work there now but I've never heard of it. I usually hunt the river out on my uncles land in brushy mountain but it's been kinda slow last few times out.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Managed a few this morning.....despite 2 malfunctioning shotguns and some misses.....mix bag of pin, mallards, a gad and lessers. Justin's pump was cranky, my O/U kept firing both barrels at the same time, until I played with the barrel selector and then it behaved. Sure can whollop a bird at 15y with two 3" steel #2's......have to watch the second fly away though:) The landowners 6th grade son tagged a long to see what it's all about......he got cold hands but saw a lot of birds up close.

i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_photobucket_3788_1390075427733_zps5fc18226.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats on the morning hunt.

I used to have a SxS with double triggers. If you pulled the back trigger first, both barrels would go off. The recoil was pretty brutal.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390084611.569782.jpg

We stayed close to home and shot a mixed bag today. Killed another greater but he sailed into the woods and we never recovered him but spent two hours looking. I hate not recovering a kill!!! Doesn't matter if it's a deer, duck, rabbit etc. That stuff eats at me.

ShurShot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best hunt I've ever been on yesterday! A buddie's dad and some of his friends have a lease with a watershed on it. When I got there yesterday morning I could hear around a 1000 mallards talkin' at me. Just after lst had a group of around 10 birds hammer my spread and then it was on. After the first shot the sky filled with birds lifting off the water, then they started coming back in. It was nuts for about 3 hours. I've never seen anything like it!

We were callin' , shootin', missin', cussin' killin'!

Had one mallard hen fly over to the other side of the water and swim up into the cattails. It was too far to send the dog and we could never find her once we got over there. A little disappointing but a great day other than that!

20140119_130601.jpg

This is the same spot last weekend. You can see some of the birds out in the middle of the pond. (there are lot more than what you can see in this pic!)

20140111_074916.jpg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
nice shurshot. looks like a great place. headed over to the goose field in a few minutes, hopefully i'll get some photo ops.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
only managed a couple. two landed in the dekes with a group of about twenty behind them. the two got up and we thought they were leaving. right as we shot it was clear that they were only changing where they wanted to sit in the decoys. flared the twenty that were coming in behind them darnit! oh well, hindsight is always 20/20.

Latest posts

Top Bottom