2013-2014 waterfowl success/pictures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Nice! Only seen a couple of blues ever. That one heavly spotted speck is beautiful.

Had about 300ish or so snows and about 50 blues in the mix..........eagle heads on gray bodies really show up in the snow, so I'm editing my statement above. And, as usual, a group of 100 or so cranes are sitting in the milo not far from them, only a 1/2 mile from the house. They always show up about a month after season closes.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I doubt I'll make it out tomorrow, so this was probably my last hunt of the season. 41 big geese that acted like they hadn't been shot at all season. They were really comfortable in the field and came in on a string. Great way to finish the year!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Nice Porter, you still hunting over this way? The number of geese around is incredible, and I don't every remember seeing this many ducks during February, I think I saw more duck yesterday than geese.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice Porter, you still hunting over this way? The number of geese around is incredible, and I don't every remember seeing this many ducks during February, I think I saw more duck yesterday than geese.

Didn't make it out that direction today. We stayed closer to home after getting access on this field that was holding all the big geese. We may try to get your direction and kill some snow geese before turkey season starts though.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know it's a late posting but, here is a pair of mallards that were killed during the first part of the season...

i193.photobucket.com_albums_z132_HonkerHunter_photos_Ducks_006_zps0fc58560.jpg

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I killed a lot of ducks with my 20g 870 when I was younger. They do a good job on geese too as long as you get tgem in the kill hole at 25-30 yds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom