2014 ODWC Controlled Hunts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i put in for and was drawn for Sequoyah NWR 2 day hunt with a muzzle loader oct 22 and 23. 2 deer max - doe only - hunt 3280.

I have never been to this area - I just wanted to try something new. and i was drawn!

Anyone know about the hunt area or a good place to camp while there? any help would be appreciated.

i did learn a few years ago to not stay at federal camp grounds while deer hunting. i woke up on opening morning to find the gate locked until 7:00 AM.

I stayed at Doris Camp Ground with a friend on a deer hunt at Wichita Mtn. Which is a federal reserve. No problems getting in or out anytime during the night, but they did shut down the showers. Jerks were cleaning their deer in the showers. Maybe it was the local manager in your case.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Skunked agin. It appears I'll have better odds drawing the wyoming sheep or colorado mountain goat hunts before I can draw an antelope tag in ok.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Okie Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I finally drew McAlester AAP! October 17th I think...Hominy. I've never been on there before but I am looking forward to it. I've put in 5 years in a row and finally got my chance. Anyone hunted there before have any tips? Besides practice...It's gonna be hard as my wife will be 8 months pregnant that week with our first child, but priorities come first :)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What weekend and which area?
Hominy.

I'm ahead of you. Pm me tomorrow, and I'll try to hook you up with some areas. Trust me I don't know them all, a doe is the only thing I've taken, but been close to some trophy's.

Hopefully some others will give you a heads up as well.

Best thing to do is pay your fees as soon as possible, and they will send you an E-map of the facility. Nice to print off and keep for reference. We can talk on the phone as well. You can access the site on Google Earth. My pickup is in one of the pics, but its in Boggy.

Gus Petch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad and I were drawn for Wichita Mountains NWR antlerless. We were both drawn last year for antlered as well. In fact, this is the fifth time since 1995 that we've been drawn for a Wichita Mountains NWR hunt; antlered deer in '95, antlerless in '05, him for cow elk in '07, me for cow elk in '09, antlered in '13, and antlerless this year.

Slicktricktj

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Going to Salt Plains Wilderness area - 2nd time in 5 years!! So pumped for this hunt as it will be my wife's first special hunt! We will be doing the December archery hunt and can't wait!

Latest posts

Top Bottom