2014 ODWC Controlled Hunts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tough hunt. I drew it 20 some years ago when it opened up that area for the first time in 45 years. The salt cedars and cat tail swamps are brutal. No big trees to get in at the time.

I shot a 10 1/2 year old doe. There are a lot of deer in there, but its the toughest hunt I'd been on.

It may have changed now, but knowing what I know, I'd still go back.

HKp30

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drew Hominy as well! Last weekend in in October. I was in Boggy early October last year. Id be happy to fill in anyone in on what I learned there...saw a lot but didn't kill anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i got sequoyah with a muzzle loader. i told a friend taht i would soon head out for scouting trip. he said to not bother as i will be assigned an area to hunt this assignment will be on the orientation morning. he said that there a lot of food in large fields planted by farmers., he said to take a ground blind as well as a climber stand ....... he said that there a lot of deer. he talked of his son seeing big bucks but it was doe only hunting.

still tru=ying to figure out to camp or to find a hotel?

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drew Hominy as well! Last weekend in in October. I was in Boggy early October last year. Id be happy to fill in anyone in on what I learned there...saw a lot but didn't kill anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoot me a PM when you have a minute. I drew Boggy for Oct 17-19, and would appreciate any info that you might care to share. Thx.

Latest posts

Top Bottom