2014 Rut info thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never seen these bucks, but they just started visiting.

I want the one with the jacked up rack.

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_360x360q90_14_11_15_3c5a2b6a5528aca0f63e7f13cdcb7994.jpg

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_360x360q90_14_11_15_712fa1c1e91810cd9968e66c611679e2.jpg

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_360x360q90_14_11_15_4751b6f391b48fdb4dde3ebb3e3bd6c6.jpg

Dang Dennis! Either one of those bucks would make me happy! Good luck! Hope you get the freak!

huntemup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw a nice young 8 pointer with a doe locked down just south of Ponca City Saturday morning. They were right on the side of 35 -maybe 50 yds from hwy, so I pulled over and watched for about 5 minutes or so. It was like watching a well trained border collie working cattle. Every time she'd move, he was right there to keep her hemmed up. Saw a ton of scrapes and fresh rubs while quail hunting at Kaw WMA.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What a great evening to be in the stand!

Got in the ladder stand about 2pm, and immediately had deer in sight across the CRP.
10 minutes later, had a doe come to one end of the food plot. 5 minutes after that had a huge bodied buck I've never seen come out on the same end and feed with the doe. 30 minutes later, he walked away leaving the doe.
While watching him walk, I spotted two other shooter bucks. One in the pic already posted, and another new one. Very typical WIDE 10 point.
When I got up and turned to get a better look with the glass, I spooked a 6 point that was standing under the stand that I never saw come in.
He ran, but stopped at the new 10 point. They just looked at each other, and he kept coming my way. I had him at 20 yds, but had limbs in the way. He moved to the downwind side of the tree out of my vision.
I was locked up solid for 20 minutes waiting for him to come out, but he must have winded me. When I turned around he was walking away. Not scared, just walking.
30 minutes before dark, a buck came running right at me from 1/4 mile away from the CRP. He stopped at a tree 15 yards in front of the stand, rubbed his eye glands on it, then started feeding. Perfect 8 point. He needs mass though.
No fighting, very little chasing, all of the racks were unbroken.
Can't wait for tomorrow. :D

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I been seeing a lot of small bucks but no whoppers. Got this one on camera for the first time yesterday. Hope he hangs around on the corn!

Wow! What a stud! Hope he hangs around long enough for you to hang a tag on him...go get him!

Dennis... That sounds like one awesome evening in the stand... I am officially jealous, I'm working all this week, my brother is coming in from Florida to hunt with me all next week, really excited for that, and Saddlebum and his grandson are coming out to hunt the weekend after Thanksgiving, should be good times.

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
What a great evening to be in the stand!

Got in the ladder stand about 2pm, and immediately had deer in sight across the CRP.
10 minutes later, had a doe come to one end of the food plot. 5 minutes after that had a huge bodied buck I've never seen come out on the same end and feed with the doe. 30 minutes later, he walked away leaving the doe.
While watching him walk, I spotted two other shooter bucks. One in the pic already posted, and another new one. Very typical WIDE 10 point.
When I got up and turned to get a better look with the glass, I spooked a 6 point that was standing under the stand that I never saw come in.
He ran, but stopped at the new 10 point. They just looked at each other, and he kept coming my way. I had him at 20 yds, but had limbs in the way. He moved to the downwind side of the tree out of my vision.
I was locked up solid for 20 minutes waiting for him to come out, but he must have winded me. When I turned around he was walking away. Not scared, just walking.
30 minutes before dark, a buck came running right at me from 1/4 mile away from the CRP. He stopped at a tree 15 yards in front of the stand, rubbed his eye glands on it, then started feeding. Perfect 8 point. He needs mass though.
No fighting, very little chasing, all of the racks were unbroken.
Can't wait for tomorrow. :D

Good luck tomorrow! Let me give you some advise..........if he's still moving and you have a shot, shoot ALL of your arrows into him!!!! :laugh6:

Latest posts

Top Bottom