2014 Rut info thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Something that has surprised me this year is the lack of broke up rack on my place. In years past, there are always several with major damage (broken beams or multiple points gone), but from what I "seen" and on camera, I can't remember but a couple bucks with broken brow tines and one with a broken G2 (he broke it off in early October too).

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same here. All of the racks I'm seeing in person and on film are pretty much intact.

I believe it's because we have so many does, that the Bucks don't need to establish dominance to attract the lady's.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I think it's the food you put out Dennis :).... the "perfect 8" is the ONLY buck that I'm getting pics of that is still intact besides a couple of forkys. I've never had this many broken, your bucks are whooping mine lol.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it's the food you put out Dennis :).... the "perfect 8" is the ONLY buck that I'm getting pics of that is still intact besides a couple of forkys. I've never had this many broken, your bucks are whooping mine lol.

I don't guess the Toad has showed back up on camera or anything has he?

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't guess the Toad has showed back up on camera or anything has he?

Yeah, I wondered about that too, and about that doe you shot that mysteriously grew wings and disappeared. Same thing happened to the guy I let hunt with me, shot an 8 point last Tuesday evening, (one I had passed twice that he wasn't supposed to shoot, but that is a different story) heavy blood trail for 100-150 yards, down through creek, out into open field and then nothing. We backtracked and looked all over that place for that buck, never found him, I was pissed, i think he knew it, he spent 2 whole days looking for that deer with no luck.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I've got a perfect 8 at one end of the food plot right now. Nothing broken, huge mass, but he is still inside his ears. Never been seen on camera.
5 does working their way to the plot from the other direction.
See if he will pester them shortly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom