2015-2016 Waterfowl Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a 17' PolarKraft. Had to put a new outboard on it half way through the season this year, I had no idea what those cost, wow.

Yeah, they can be absolutely insane on cost. Although, cold months are a good time to be forced into a purchase if there is ever a time. I'm looking to upgrade from my 14' tracker soon to something wider and longer.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow! What kind of camera was that taken with??? That's beautiful!!!

I took these pictures on a Nikon D610 with Sigma's new 150-600mm lens. I just lucked into the money spot that morning in the weeds where they were swinging to land. Most shots were at 200-300mm shots.

I have almost reached the point in my waterfowl one career that I enjoy chasing these shots as much or more than actually shooting them. I definitely have the camera handy every time I take somebody out and use it more than my gun.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finished off the last day of goose season with good friends and a mixed bag.

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160216_b48e4b8546228dbf8b220655007aa83f.jpg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Nice Porter, I just watched them land by the hundreds everyday while checking traps..........lost interest in the geeses lol.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You speak the truth! After buying the new outboard I wasn't going to spend ANY more on hunting this year, period. Then my waders sprung a leak, then wingsupply had a great sale on mad-bomber hats, then...

Ha ha ha. My boat sprang a couple of leaks in January. So I'm now at a crossroads: attempt to get the cracks welded up (again), scrap it and sell the 9.9hp outboard then buy another boat....I have the go-ahead to buy a new boat from my wife, but I need to upgrade my truck, first, and I'm buying a new boat except with cash. Ugh. Being responsible sucks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom