2015 Spring Turkey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fantastic story r00s7a and a well setup picture. Would enjoy that video if you can get it uploaded. lol it's funny how quick turkeys are to start whippin their buddy's butt when he drops.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Tried to get my daughter on some birds this afternoon. Got 2 jakes and longbeard to sprint across 200y of grass.............only to stop at the fence about 75 yards away and strut for the next hour. Couple of hens came down the fence and they followed. Started to drizzle and rain and we headed in for supper. :)

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tried to get my daughter on some birds this afternoon. Got 2 jakes and longbeard to sprint across 200y of grass.............only to stop at the fence about 75 yards away and strut for the next hour. Couple of hens came down the fence and they followed. Started to drizzle and rain and we headed in for supper. :)

Suck! I bet she is getting frustrated! Fences are a funny thing, sometimes they go right through, sometimes you can't force them through.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Suck! I bet she is getting frustrated! Fences are a funny thing, sometimes they go right through, sometimes you can't force them through.

The fence in our yard was keeping some of them out, so I put a stick between the bottom wire and the next one making an opening. They found it and come right through now.

Might try that next time when hunting next to a fence.

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Great job R007a. The pillaging of a shot bird by his band of brothers is one of the greatest and unique things one will see in our local animal world (along with a bull curling his lip after a little "sip").

Latest posts

Top Bottom