2016 controlled hunts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Why no deer?

Deer options were slim this year IMO as far as places for quality bucks except for Wichita Mtns and MCAAP. Been the MCAAP several times, drawing Wichita Mtns deer is about like drawing Wichita Mtns elk. I think I have a better chance at a good deer on my own places during the same weekends. Same with the turkey.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In for deer and elk. Two best MCAAP weekends, and 3 gun buck hunts at place I want to go. Looked a bit different this year.

Okie I had the same red ssn field. Did it anyways. Oh well.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its always fun trying out new places. That being said, I don't put in for any hunts that fall during regular deer seasons

I hear ya on the new places...I guess if the itch was there then it outta be scratched. But the bucks and general number of does i've seen in your and Okie's pics are phenomenal.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i put in for the salt plains archery buck hunt. i've seen some monsters up there while goose hunting. all others were gun/doe hunts at canton. i could walk canton with my eyes closed after spending every weekend there as a kid.

Latest posts

Top Bottom