2016 controlled hunts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drew Okmulgee gun for November 19th. I've only been there once, but wanted to try somewhere a little different this time. I'm going to have to do a ton of review of google maps and topographic maps and then make a trip up there to confirm my findings at some point. I'm excited yet cautious about hunting an area I don't know.

chefhunter

New to the site!
Reaction score
i was fortunate enough to drawn in to the cimarron county antelope "DOE ONLY" hunt but am still very excited to get out and do some new hunting this year as i recently lost my long time deer lease so was kind of feeling glum about this season. now my big issue is this.....
i live in tulsa county and cimarron county is A LONG WAYS OFF to the west, i am responsible for obtaining my own private land access in which to hunt on. so if anyone has any lead or number of someone in that area i could begin calling it would help me out so much!!!! please let me know if u have any information that might be helpful to my success in this hunt!!
Thanks everyone and good luck this up coming season!!!
-scott

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those that drew Antelope in Cimarron County, go up there the day before the hunt, at least. Rita Blanca is extremely spread out and in many sections, not one giant area. Do some scouting and go to the Rockin A Cafe early in the morning for coffee. The owner is extremely nice and can point you in the right direction for land access as well as introduce you to the farmers that come in every morning for coffee and conversation. Whatever you do, do not wait until the later of the huntable days to go. The antelope will take off if they see a vehicle within 2 miles and won't stop running for several miles.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my wife and i drew for altus, My daughter drew for the youth there as well.
Never been in that area, but know there are some good deer around there.. same thing, if anybody knows about the place, i would love a little help!

300WSM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No Golf Course hunt for me (see earlier posts). Drew Lexington 16 Nov. Looks like a couple fellow OSA members did too. Anybody ever been to Lexington? Surely if you walk far enough you can get away from the "sea of orange"

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No Golf Course hunt for me (see earlier posts). Drew Lexington 16 Nov. Looks like a couple fellow OSA members did too. Anybody ever been to Lexington? Surely if you walk far enough you can get away from the "sea of orange"
You can get away from the orange, but you'll be hiking about as far from a parking area as you can. On my hunt, there was about 50 people that checked in. I'd recommend trying to hunt the edges of the property. Also, get there about 5am to check in. I got there at 520 and there were 45 people ahead of me. It did appear that most people hunted the main section.

the man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i was fortunate enough to drawn in to the cimarron county antelope "DOE ONLY" hunt but am still very excited to get out and do some new hunting this year as i recently lost my long time deer lease so was kind of feeling glum about this season. now my big issue is this.....
i live in tulsa county and cimarron county is A LONG WAYS OFF to the west, i am responsible for obtaining my own private land access in which to hunt on. so if anyone has any lead or number of someone in that area i could begin calling it would help me out so much!!!! please let me know if u have any information that might be helpful to my success in this hunt!!
Thanks everyone and good luck this up coming season!!!
-scott
Is this the world famous deer photographer?

Latest posts

Top Bottom