2016 controlled hunts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First post here, but I drew for Hominy as well this year. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. I'm really looking forward to it.
First of all, welcome to OSA. Hope you stick around and contribute to the hunting and fishing forum unlike some others that are one shot wonders after the controlled hunt drawings.

Oklahomahunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First of all, welcome to OSA. Hope you stick around and contribute to the hunting and fishing forum unlike some others that are one shot wonders after the controlled hunt drawings.

Not planning on going anywhere. I just found this sight while I was researching info on the hunt.

Last edited:

rlt7272

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got my letter today. I was drawn for my last choice out in Beavers Bend Golf course. First time being drawn so I can't complain. Has anyone hunted out there before?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I drew a Salt Plains Wildlife Antlerless. I don't have a clue as what to expect. Any tips?

Should be no trouble taking a doe there, it's unique place. I've not driven through the drive through in a while to see the water levels, but it has potential to be wet, standing water in places, and no shortage of thick cover.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got my letter today. I was drawn for my last choice out in Beavers Bend Golf course. First time being drawn so I can't complain. Has anyone hunted out there before?
I'm having a flash back of this already being answered? Its a meat hunt. Shouldn't be any problem. The deer are pretty tame.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I drew a Salt Plains Wildlife Antlerless. I don't have a clue as what to expect. Any tips?
First of all, when you get your briefing before your hunt, an employee of the refuge will show you a map and suggest where to see the most deer. They are on the refuge every day. Heed their advice.
My first hunt there was a group hunt for 4. I sat where the refuge employee told me, and scored about 30 minutes after daylight.
The other three guys had to work their butts off, but eventually did score.

Latest posts

Top Bottom