2016 Oklahoma Fishing Picture Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis798

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was loads of fun. That spot does so-so most of the time, but really produces fun fishing after a good rain gets the current flowing. We caught 22 before we ran out of bait. Our record was 21 when we were there after a good rain once, but then we just figured we had enough and could barely load the stringers so we left. This time we wanted to at least beat our record for that spot, and the bait lasted just long enough. We were threading one worm on a hook like they do in the cartoons trying to conserve bait. We hit our 22 mark just as the current was dying down and the perch were coming back in to take the bait off the other poles. Without current, I hate that spot because I'm always fighting perch and turtles.

We probably could have caught some perch by that time and stayed a while longer, but my buddies stringers weren't in great shape and I only had 2, and hurt my back loading just what we had, I wouldn't have wanted any more on those stringers. Needless to say I now I have 5 stringers in my tackle box.

My buddy is fire chief for our vol dept here in our little town, and he's wanting to have a fish fry just to do something where they aren't begging for money, so hopefully we can go do it again sometime soon.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was loads of fun. That spot does so-so most of the time, but really produces fun fishing after a good rain gets the current flowing. We caught 22 before we ran out of bait. Our record was 21 when we were there after a good rain once, but then we just figured we had enough and could barely load the stringers so we left. This time we wanted to at least beat our record for that spot, and the bait lasted just long enough. We were threading one worm on a hook like they do in the cartoons trying to conserve bait. We hit our 22 mark just as the current was dying down and the perch were coming back in to take the bait off the other poles. Without current, I hate that spot because I'm always fighting perch and turtles.

We probably could have caught some perch by that time and stayed a while longer, but my buddies stringers weren't in great shape and I only had 2, and hurt my back loading just what we had, I wouldn't have wanted any more on those stringers. Needless to say I now I have 5 stringers in my tackle box.

My buddy is fire chief for our vol dept here in our little town, and he's wanting to have a fish fry just to do something where they aren't begging for money, so hopefully we can go do it again sometime soon.
I have a spot like that. Its a cove that runs up into a golf course. When it rains the night crawlers get washed over the short grass into the cove via runoff, and the party is on. Nice catch again. Don't get into that much fun often.

Travis798

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep Bowhunter, I have buds that like to say something about me fishing trash fish instead of crappie. I just tell em if they don't like catfish, they don't know how to clean em up and cook em. Just from reading around on here, I've already decided that some day I'm gonna hook up with Dennishoddy so he can show me how to use my fish finder! I can't for the life of me figure that thing out, but when I do I think I'll enjoy fishing from the boat a lot more. Bank fishing gets me too many ticks!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep Bowhunter, I have buds that like to say something about me fishing trash fish instead of crappie. I just tell em if they don't like catfish, they don't know how to clean em up and cook em. Just from reading around on here, I've already decided that some day I'm gonna hook up with Dennishoddy so he can show me how to use my fish finder! I can't for the life of me figure that thing out, but when I do I think I'll enjoy fishing from the boat a lot more. Bank fishing gets me too many ticks!
We can do that!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

We fish mostly for bass because we like the action when using artificial lures as opposed to watching a cork or tight line, but we're equal opportunity. If we can get a hook in it and have a fight, we like it! :)

This was our last trip out and it was a LOT of fun!

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_IMG_0660_zpsad3jnnzp.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom