2017-18 controlled hunts.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Today is the day. Applications opened today.

https://wildlifedepartment.com/controlledhunts.htm

Good opportunities here. I don't know which deer hunts I'll be applying for. Setting on several deer points and can't decide what to put in for. Already skunked agin in Wyoming and got my Colorado app in. Now to get some home state apps in as well. Good luck and a reminder to check the dates before you apply, the number of guys not showing up for the hunts they've drawn is sad. I get sometimes things come up but damn. It's not like oklahoma has gotten with the times and made the option to turn a tag in keep your points and sell it last minute like many of the western states.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

CBarCRanch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Remember folks many of these hunts may be during a week day. As far as I know only the Antelope hunts require you to do legwork and acquire your own access to property to hunt. All others are on state/Federal properties.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't want to hijack the thread but since I'm not too up on all the good spots, what would be your top 2 or 3 picks if you're looking for a nice buck? Don't go misleading me now......

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You want my wife phone number and the night I will be out of town?
Funny....I guess I was thinking maybe since it publicized controlled hunt by draw others might not keep the sweet spots so close to the vest.....but based on the abundance of responses I believe I may have been mistaken :)

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You want my wife phone number and the night I will be out of town?

I'd gladly give that info out along with the kind of wine she likes before where I'm considering applying for deer hunts. That's like asking for specific info about my elk hunting unit in Colorado. Sorry I've put in a lot of time and money to figure that stuff out. Even driven to several I'm considering applying to and glassed and done some scouting over the YEARS to decide where to go.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Latest posts

Top Bottom