2017-18 controlled hunts.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can only be selected for one big game category (1-3) a year but you can draw a category (4-7) as well. I think we had an avg of 15 or 16 points for the turkey, only 1 point for the deer as we drew MCAAP in 2015, but we applied with a party of 4 so that helps. Drew MCAAP in 2008 and couldn't get drawn again til 2015.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've asked this before but what's the maximum number of points you can have for a species?

I think once you get 50 points you should get an automatic tag. If tag allotment allows. Can't be many people that will stick with it that long!
My understanding the way preference points work. If you have no preference points your name is put in the computer one time. If you have 10 points its put in the computer 10 times. With as many people put in for the elk hunt you still have to be very lucky to get drawn out even with 20 points

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My understanding the way preference points work. If you have no preference points your name is put in the computer one time. If you have 10 points its put in the computer 10 times. With as many people put in for the elk hunt you still have to be very lucky to get drawn out even with 20 points

Oh no doubt it would still be hard. I think at the very least they ought to do like some states. Assign everyone a random number and your preference points acts as a dividing number. Those with the lowest number get a tag. Everybody has a chance this way but those with the most points really have the best odds. Simply putting your name in the hat 20 times with so many other applications doesn't help much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom