2017 Deer hunting results/stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hadn’t been on here in a awhile and figured I’d show how my muzzelloader season went. Had this buck on camera most of the summer and finally caught up to him during the muzzleloader season. He broke off his G2-G3 on his left side estimated at 22 inches lost. I still wasn’t going to pass him and I’m the first to say I’m very lucky.
Thats a beast! congrats on the chocolate rack.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
View attachment 110040 View attachment 110041 Hadn’t been on here in a awhile and figured I’d show how my muzzelloader season went. Had this buck on camera most of the summer and finally caught up to him during the muzzleloader season. He broke off his G2-G3 on his left side estimated at 22 inches lost. I still wasn’t going to pass him and I’m the first to say I’m very lucky.

Mercy what a buck! Have your taxidermist recreate the missing tines maybe? Congrats!!!!

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
DB15CF55-BE5E-4B9D-8BE2-01E8653CDB1C.jpeg

E8C8C216-D7D3-4142-9C84-669BD2C2DAD1.jpeg

A couple pics of the game camera from a few nights before I shot him.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How well did that mechanical broad head work?
Congrats on the venison veal. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That one worked awesome. It's a grim reaper. I shot two deer with the schwackers. One far back, one nearly perfect. Neither passed through, and the near perfect ran way further than it should have, the far back I never found.

I've shot two deer with the grim reaper, one far back, one near perfect, and both passed through. The far back I didn't find, but the blood trail was great for a long time, including a 6" pool 80 yards away, but shortly after blood disappeared. I think I bumped him and he ran off property before dying. While looking for him my brother dislocated his knee, maybe tore an ACL, something bad. We're waiting on the results of the MRI, but that promptly halted the search.

I shot this little guy with the exact same blades and arrow with a nearly perfect shot, and he didn't make it 20 yards.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom