2017 Rut

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tslabaugh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went out this evening, sat behind a small pond damn where it looked like deer were using the transition from field to woods. I was on the ground and sitting in the shadow of a big Pecan. I had a 8-10" tall spike come within 10 yards of me and didn't know I was there. Pretty cool experience, but still no shooters. Worth the sit though, cool experience to go unnoticed on the ground.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems rut has ended in Central Oklahoma..... until last night i was in stand.. set up in new location using climber, had some does come in and start blowing... couldnt figure out how they smelled me... then i hear in the distance a buck grunting with every step. (first time hearing this for me). he came in behind one particular doe and chased her around, rest of the does continued blowing and splitting off from her. he followed her into the darkness.. this was right at end of shooting light. He looked like a decent buck too, just couldn't get a good shot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom