2019 Oklahoma Summer Run n' Gun Prep

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bet we don’t see the COF prior to the event, just the round count. Throws in a little extra wrinkle...

At this point, I'd say you are correct. No updates on the COF yet.

Still 11 tickets left for all those "preppers" out there to go do some proof of concept testing!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any RO's that ran today have any feedback about the course?

9 Tickets left as of a few minutes ago

Sorry I missed this. Cell coverage is spotty up in those parts.

Not that I would've shared any feedback anyway LOL. I loved the fact that the COF was unknown going in.

How'd you like it?

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I liked it a lot. The heat about got me though. I sat up on the hill for some time trying to cool off. I failed to follow instructions on 500 yard stage and it bit me. My dope was off too which i thought was odd. I’ll need to find out what happened there. May have some problems with my powder disperser. Also had problem with bolt sticking when clearing rifle. Other than that I just need to work on my fitness.

All in all, it was an awesome event! Thank you to all that made it happen.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I liked it a lot. The heat about got me though. I sat up on the hill for some time trying to cool off. I failed to follow instructions on 500 yard stage and it bit me. My dope was off too which i thought was odd. I’ll need to find out what happened there. May have some problems with my powder disperser. Also had problem with bolt sticking when clearing rifle. Other than that I just need to work on my fitness.

All in all, it was an awesome event! Thank you to all that made it happen.

The 500 has been the nemesis of many shooters. I finally mastered it with my un-magnified red dot last year and then timed out with one shot left on the closer target.

I've heard about a lot of shooters saying the 500 stage was not quite lining up with their dope over the years. Good thing to remember about Pawnee is that all measurements are subjective estimates (The 5k run was in excess of 6.5km this year) and flexibility/adjustments always have to be made.

Latest posts

Top Bottom