2020 AK47 purchase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've wanted to add an AK47 to the collection for years now and after a brief search the prices seem to be getting pretty high for whatever reason. Can anyone suggest a good budget AK in the 600 range or is that just out of the question now days? Second choice would be an Uzi, same 600 price range. I haven't bought or paid much attention to prices in a few years so I'm not sure what toys are in my price range now. I already have an AR15 so I'm not necessarily looking for another one of those.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Palmetto State Armory AK are about all youre going to find under $600. There're decent. Cant say it would hold up as well as a ComBlok made AK but it will hold up well enough. I think they are on Gen 3 now. Much improvement has been made on them

k4ylr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wait for PSA to their 2020 SHOT offerings to market. New 5.45, 5.56 and AKM offerings that should be priced very competitively.

You can still find WASRs hovering near $600. Keep an eye out in Atlantic Firearms and over on gun.deals.

But I swear to God if some fudd talks you into RAS47 I will personally beat you both with whatever is left when it exploded.

Moparman485

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In that price range you’ll probably find Wasrs, IOs, and PSAs. I have had each over the years. The IOS are not bad, but make sure you get a newer production one. The Wasrs are really hit and miss, so make sure and check for sight alignment and smoothness in the action. My favorite of the three is the PSA. Mine is a Gen2 I believe. Haven’t had any hiccups or issues with mine. Has eaten everything that I have fed through it. Accuracy is on par with any other 7.62x39 open sight rifles I’ve seen.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shop around, be patient, watch your favorite local pawn shops and Gunbroker. You can find quality rifles in your range. If you are looking for new, I would avoid io

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User67828

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you could spare the extra $100 I'd highly recommend the yugo m70ab2 ( https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/products/ak47-yugo-m70ab2-ri3701-x-787450596801 ). I've owned a lot of aks and outside of vepr the yugo variants are by far the best. I personally have the fixed stock version and absolutely love it. It takes a beating like other AKs but wont leaving disappointed in the accuracy department.

Latest posts

Top Bottom