2020 Game Cam Pictures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I pulled all of my cameras today and dumped the feeders, so no more pics from me. The last feeder taken down has been around for awhile. When I removed the legs and turned it upside down to remove the corn stuck to the bottom, I beat on the bottom. My hand went right through it. It was just rust.
Got a new feeder put together in the shop this evening for next year.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pulled all of my cameras today and dumped the feeders, so no more pics from me. The last feeder taken down has been around for awhile. When I removed the legs and turned it upside down to remove the corn stuck to the bottom, I beat on the bottom. My hand went right through it. It was just rust.
Got a new feeder put together in the shop this evening for next year.

It happens to those metal barrels. Last feeder we built, took an old plow disc and welded 8' sucker rod legs on it with an old junk yard boat winch to lift a free plastic barrel. Drilled holes across middle of barrel, through bolted a few reinforcement plates and capped a piece of rod through it to hold the barrel. Made a deep lip galvanized lid to keep the rain out. Only think we had to buy was the cheapest feeder motor and a battery from Atwoods. It's held a full load for many years, but we ended up adding eight more feet of rod to the legs as the smart donkey would sit there for hours knocking corn out of it at eye level.

I'll have to find the pictures, they're from a decade ago... Wild turkey action shots of them hopping up there 12' and kicking corn out of it after raising it up.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It happens to those metal barrels. Last feeder we built, took an old plow disc and welded 8' sucker rod legs on it with an old junk yard boat winch to lift a free plastic barrel. Drilled holes across middle of barrel, through bolted a few reinforcement plates and capped a piece of rod through it to hold the barrel. Made a deep lip galvanized lid to keep the rain out. Only think we had to buy was the cheapest feeder motor and a battery from Atwoods. It's held a full load for many years, but we ended up adding eight more feet of rod to the legs as the smart donkey would sit there for hours knocking corn out of it at eye level.

I'll have to find the pictures, they're from a decade ago... Wild turkey action shots of them hopping up there 12' and kicking corn out of it after raising it up.
I raised this new ones feet up to the bottom chime of the barrel to prevent the spinner lickers from getting to it hopefully. I'll need to take my 10' step ladder to fill it unless I can find a PTO grain buggy that I've been looking for.
In its last few days it would quit feeding, with the corn just inside the nozzle and I couldn't figure out why. I put a wire up inside several times with a hook on it to hopefully clear out any cob or something but never found anything.
Once it was empty, found one of those small black spiders that build dense webs had built two nests within the nozzle that was creating friction so the nozzle didn't have all of the "slip" capability to allow the corn flow. A wire hook would have not fixed it either. I had to basically rub the webs off the nozzle. Really sticky.
Love to see pics of yours.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All my Field Pro 55 gallon feeders are about 17 years old and still holding up good....so far. The ones out right now have been moved around but never removed for the place. I keep corn in them all year and am planning to keep the protein feeders filled this year too if I can afford it.:anyone:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All my Field Pro 55 gallon feeders are about 17 years old and still holding up good....so far. The ones out right now have been moved around but never removed for the place. I keep corn in them all year and am planning to keep the protein feeders filled this year too if I can afford it.:anyone:

The feeder I replaced was a shipping drum with no paint or galvanized inside. Just bare metal. It lasted 10 or so years though. New one is painted on the inside with a galvanized lid. It should last until I’m pushing daisies.

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Resized_HUNT0903_147495403363577.jpeg
Resized_HUNT1200_147620739883217.jpeg

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The big 8 I'm hoping makes it one more year, showed up again last night in shooting light. He'd been missing since 3 weeks ago. Still no sign of my target buck since the Sunday of gun opener..View attachment 184955
Saw my big 8 target today, yep in Anterless he shows back up

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom