2020 Garden Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't, and for the first time in about 40 years I'm not going to put in a garden. We are on the road so much, that it's pointless.
I tell friends that I'd get it all tilled up and ready if someone wants to plant one, but get no takers. They don't want to drive out here in the country to take care of it.

I would like to see how they plant in pallets though.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Yes both pallets, straw bales, and empty chemical crates with the top half cut off. Those are pretty handy, can be moved around with a tractor or skid steer when need be. Some places charge quite a bit for them, I have no trouble getting them for free though.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes both pallets, straw bales, and empty chemical crates with the top half cut off. Those are pretty handy, can be moved around with a tractor or skid steer when need be. Some places charge quite a bit for them, I have no trouble getting them for free though.
Back in the day when working at Smith Tool in Ponca City, they begged us to find a use for all the pallets that accumulated around the shipping/receiving dock area. Some cottonwood, some oak.
We put an ad in Craigslist pointed at ranchers and folks that rolled up round bales. They could save a lot of the hay by putting them on pallets vs putting them on the ground and getting the bottom 1/3 of the bale rotted before they got to use them. Made a lot of beer money that year.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here’s how it’s shaping up...
1Ys04n9.jpg

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here’s how it’s shaping up...
1Ys04n9.jpg

I don't understand the reasoning behind that set up .. I've seen where they planted in leaning / vertical pallets of spices and such.. Ya'll ever watch any you tubes on gardening ? Ya'll might sit down and watch some of this fellows work , This guy is in jersey IIRC and he kicks serious tail.. Man does he haul in the groceries.. His yorky dog in the vids is icing on the cake..
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9V_-gqJsZNOy4v_HqbRz3w

Latest posts

Top Bottom