2020 waterfowl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First hunt for me this year. Took my dog out for his first hunt. We picked him up as a 12 week old puppy almost a year ago and this is my first attempt with a full blood dog in training (let's not talk about the pound rescue that was fired on a hunt when he spit out a goose, making me walk 1/2 mile to the truck to get my waders and is now a house dog). A pair of gadwall came in over our backs and both were dropped. I had to point the first bird out but he did great after that. Super slow day but he got a teal to retrieve a bit later. Successful hunt in my books.
VideoCapture_20201205-072130.jpg
20201205_082227.jpg
20201205_070944.jpg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
First hunt for me this year. Took my dog out for his first hunt. We picked him up as a 12 week old puppy almost a year ago and this is my first attempt with a full blood dog in training (let's not talk about the pound rescue that was fired on a hunt when he spit out a goose, making me walk 1/2 mile to the truck to get my waders and is now a house dog). A pair of gadwall came in over our backs and both were dropped. I had to point the first bird out but he did great after that. Super slow day but he got a teal to retrieve a bit later. Successful hunt in my books. View attachment 183073View attachment 183074View attachment 183075

Awesome!

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a sweet triple on gadwalls right at shooting light and then couldn't get anything else into the spread the rest of the morning.
About 95% of the ducks we've gotten on our pond have been gads. I have been seeing more ducks on ponds in general, driving around. Daw more ducks today than all season.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a sweet triple on gadwalls right at shooting light and then couldn't get anything else into the spread the rest of the morning.
About 95% of the ducks we've gotten on our pond have been gads. I have been seeing more ducks on ponds in general, driving around. Daw more ducks today than all season.
Triple is more than me so far this season. I am a better fisherman than duck hunter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom