2021 Garden thread..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think that I may get a small plastic kiddy pool and grow a tiny garden in that. Hate dealing with the weeds. The pool should eliminate most of that problem.
maybe not deep enough to defeat the summer heat. Go with the thick foam pots from box stores that don't transfer sun energy.
You can thank me later.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that I may get a small plastic kiddy pool and grow a tiny garden in that. Hate dealing with the weeds. The pool should eliminate most of that problem.
Not a bad idea, especially if you can locate it to get morning sun only. :thumb:

You could also set it on something (a few square bales of hay, 5 gal buckets, etc.) for elevation.

Just a thought. :drunk2:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not know when they will run them again, but Aldi had some 15 gallon plastic rubes last year for $5. I bought two and plan to get 4 more this year. Two for planting and 2 for an etank.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Y'all will never guess what blew up on my yard today --- a small blue kiddie pool!! It's got a few cracks in the side, but it's perfect for how I was gonna use one. Gonna put it on the east side of my storage shed to shade it from the worst of the afternoon sun. If it works out, great! If not, no issues. I'll adapt and go another route next year!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is something from a FB group I am a part of that might help somebody.

Yellow solo cup.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom