2021 Garden thread..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Two days picking from the asparagus patch.
We can’t eat it all so every week the local senior citizens kitchen gets a donation.
We usually stop picking around June 1, letting it go to fern. Big dose of fertilizer and a foot of wheat straw on top to keep the summer weeds down.

IMG_2487.jpg

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My little squash patch is really coming on. Sunday, I picked 18, Monday, I picked 22, and yesterday, I picked 15. I’ve sautéed two pans with a little butter and garlic salt, and I will probably do that again today. It’s so good.:thumb:
View attachment 206658 View attachment 206659 View attachment 206660

Dang it man you are squashin it, our plants are just now seeing flowers.. LOOKING good..!!
We're eating asparagus, carrots, lettuce and plenty of radish.. The rain has everything lookin good.. A few weeks and stuff should be picture worthy.. Made 2 piles of the cows pooey hay and once the composting heat subsided planted taters in 1 and sweet taters in the other we'll see how it turns out.. We made some of our own sweet tater slips and also bought some off of etsy since they weren't available local..

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is my first year with raised beds, and it’s a learning experience. I planted things way too close together. My cherry tomatoes are covering a couple of my jalapeño pepper plants, and my squash plants are covering each other making them hard to pick.:censored:

Latest posts

Top Bottom