22 pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pills510

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking to pick up a 22 semi auto pistol. Never had one so looking for input.

Ruger MK II/III

Browning Buckmark

Berretta NEOS

SW 22A

What do you guys/gals think? I will use this for plinking and maybe hunting.

davecaris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The walther p22 is a great plinker and if you ever decide to get a suppressor, its a easy setup. Never had a problem with mine. I think academy gets 399 for them.

JPB

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll put my vote in for the Walther P22 as well. Part of my purchasing decision was on finding something my wife would enjoy shooting as well, and she loves it. I've read great things about the Rugers, but I didn't care for how it felt. If the gun was solely for me, I was leaning toward the S&W 22A, but it was much heavier with a larger grip than the P22. The P22 is really enjoyable to shoot, and it's a nice looking piece to boot. I think you listed some nice choices. I would just go to the store and see what feels best.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have owned the Ruger MKIII and a Buckmark. I sold the Ruger just didn't care for it. The Buckmark is a blast to shoot. My wife loves it. Just need to get the reddot on top to complete the package. The P22 comes with a threaded barrel. If you choose to put a can on the end of it you just need the adapter. Buckmarks can have the barrel replaced(see below). Rugers need to get a complete upper that is serialized so you have to get an FFL involved for that part. The sweet side is you can get integrally suppressed Ruger uppers.

I'll stick with my Buckmark.

ai258.photobucket.com_albums_hh272_dblystone_DSC_0054.jpg

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have the Walther P22 and I think it's great! Couldn't go wrong with it. PLus it has extra grips and sights to make it fit you they way you like it.

ricc45

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a MKII, MKIII and five different Buckmarks and my wife has the Walthers. The Buckmarks are IMO the one to have. When you see used ones for sale they usually sell quick and the barrels ar easy to change out compared to the Rugers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom