.22 Semi Auto Pistol advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a ruger mkII for years and shot it a lot. The trigger sucked out load and never improved after shooting thousands of rounds through it. Without a doubt the most difficult gun I've ever owned to reassemble after cleaning. 7.5" target barrel and very accurate once practiced up on the trigger. Very rugged, very reliable. Finally sold it a couple years ago; just sick of the trigger.
I rented a mkIII and the trigger is certainly improved but still has a good bit of creep before firing.
A month ago took a chance on a buckmark. I've got about 300-400 rounds through it of 4 different types of ammo. Some of it is some 10-12 year old cheapo winchster. So far not one malfunction of any kind. The trigger is GREAT. A little bit of take up, about 5 lbs of pressure, a barely detectable creep then bang. Short of a true target .22 I don't think you can get better.
The cheapo loads print about 3" at 12 yards off-hand. CCI mini mags shrinks to about 1.5-2". CCI Pistol Match is almost 1 ragged hole with a couple flyers opening up to about one inch (that's a 10 shot string off-hand).
I'm tickled pink I switched over to the browning from the ruger. I much prefer it's ergos, trigger and ease of reassembly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom