224 Valkyrie build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary@CCWsafe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just finished another Valkyrie this week. I used a Aero Gen 2 lower (Brownells had them on sale for $49 + 10% off a month or so ago), and a 20" Criterion plus 2" barrel from Craddock Precision. They were high on the +2" gas system so we will see. I used a James Madison Saber single stage but may switch it to a Larue MBT. The free float is a LW unit from 2A arms. Magpul MOE grip and rifle stock. Hope to play with it while everyone else is bonus doe hunting this weekend.
fullsizeoutput_1389.jpeg

Last edited:

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 20” .223 Wylde SPR that I’m going to swap out the barrel with a 24” cmmg .224 Valkyrie for a little more range and play thing.

Gary@CCWsafe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hard to beat a Wylde. My 18" is my go to varmint gun. The Valkyrie can be a little picky about mags. I am hoping this one performs. The barrel was pricey.

I have a 20” .223 Wylde SPR that I’m going to swap out the barrel with a 24” cmmg .224 Valkyrie for a little more range and play thing.

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked my barrel up for $209 shipped from dvor but I haven’t picked up any 6.8 mags yet. I did get a 6.8 bolt for a good price from Brownells awhile back though. I have some other long range bolt guns but this is one will be more for fun and cheaper plinking compared to GMM 308 or .338 Lapua ammo. Picked up a box of Valkyrie 75 gr ammo at the Duncan Walmart this evening for $9.99 so not too bad. I’ll find another project for that wylde barrel easy enough though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom