$229 savage axis with scope

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Correct..Academy sports had that in a sale add.. good until Dec 24 i think it said.

243, .308, .270, and 30-06.
I was there yesterday looking at fishing stuff and seen the add..I wish .223 was on there I would have got another one.

Still really cheap for a deer gun

berserk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to look at the savage and ruger american last year, I wanted a 30.06 and I promise I really tried to find something I liked about them but couldnt. Action is gritty, the stock feels cheap and chinky, and triggers on both were junk. I ended up with a Rem 700 ADL, more money but its a way better rifle IMHO. Smooth action, stock is only marginally better but it has a nice trigger with a 3# break. Mine is very accurate with the Nikon Prostaff I bought for it.

That being said, if you do get one please let us know how it shoots. Because if it performs, for that price I may still buy one for the truck.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got the Axis in .223 just recently and it really impressed me in the accuracy department.
https://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?221854-Savage-Axis-223-WOW

I have a savage 10fp heavy barrel with accutrigger and even that trigger I tweaked to make better.
Tweaked the barrel also to make it shoot tighter groups than my 2 Mossberg 100atr's.

Trigger tweaking is for me a walk in the park.

I agree the triggers on most guns really suck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom