22lr a good get home rifle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When working downtown Tulsa other than my carry and a hip pack with a knife, water straw, bottle of water, mag, and usually candy or peanuts I felt okay walking 35 miles to my house -via box car Willy. The tracks take me a half mile from my house end to end. I always thought EMP if some crap like that happened more than civil unrest

Last edited:

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well for what your thinking will happen take it from a Veteran's perspective. If it gets that bad in a scenario you speak of. You can trust me on this.

There will be no shortage of ammo or things to shoot it in. It will be lying on the ground. scattered around in piles, in already loaded guns and mags, stacked up on pallets and choppers bringing more in buy the millions. They will make certain you have HEap Big Plenty to shoot at each other with.

The only shortage will be not the guns and ammo but people man enough to keep standing behind one when the bumble bees start whizzing by you head,
But to answer the question, a simple Ruger 10-22 would prolly get you home.
JMHO and nothing more.

Last edited:

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be a hard chouce between the M72 LAW and the Browning 1919 :hey3:

M1919 for sure!!!

14397248_1274119399299953_1395243395_n.jpg

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A 22lr combined with a carry pistol would not trouble me in the least as get home rifle. The handgun for the close instances and a 22lr can be a deadly weapon in the right hands. A 22lr is light, fast handling, with fast accurate head shots leathal Your trying to get home not intending to stand and trade rounds.
I carried a 22lr in my trucks for over 30yrs but during the last ammo shortage couldn't find any 22lr. So they all got swapped out for AR platforms, 5.56 in one and 300AAC In the other. Each has a day pack with necessities and 4 30rd mags( maybe overkill but believe in being prepared ) 3 additional pistol mags for my carry gun.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A .22 rifle will be fine in a "get me home" situation. (1): Especially in an urban environment, you're not going to have to take too many long range shots, unless somebody is sitting up in a window and you stumble into the field of fire. (2): A .22 rifle will at the very least incapacitate or slow an attacker to give you time to move out of the danger zone, given you get good hits on target. (3): A 10-22, Marlin 60, 15-22, etc, will always be a good choice for a potential SHTF situation.

Travel home under cover of darkness.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
.22 rifle would be especially useful in a rabbit zombie situation... I like the idea of a survival henery or any of the ones that pack rather compactly.

I personally am waiting on a PCC that uses Glock 9mm mags so I can just carry one set of mags and ammo for both.

Latest posts

Top Bottom