27th series Tokyo Juki Kogyo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

milsurp

Heres my Jap rifle. Its a 27th series TJK substitute standard rifle in all her crudeness.
i360.photobucket.com_albums_oo46_Falconfansince80_pics510.jpg
i360.photobucket.com_albums_oo46_Falconfansince80_pics511.jpg
i360.photobucket.com_albums_oo46_Falconfansince80_pics508.jpg
i360.photobucket.com_albums_oo46_Falconfansince80_pics517.jpg
i360.photobucket.com_albums_oo46_Falconfansince80_pics512.jpg
i360.photobucket.com_albums_oo46_Falconfansince80_pics515.jpg
i360.photobucket.com_albums_oo46_Falconfansince80_pics513.jpg
i360.photobucket.com_albums_oo46_Falconfansince80_pics507.jpg

M

milsurp

So how's it shoot?
Shoots very good. All Arisaka's shoot quite well and hardly ever have issues like German K98's like cracking, bad bedded stocks or recoil lug setback. The 7.7 is a great round that doesn't punish the shoulder too bad.

Love the rifle.
Don't appreciate the use of word "Jap", if you want to learn about history - do it in respectful way.

I've respectfully collected Type 99s for a few years now. To me its just an abbreviation. I meant no offense. No different than the "Jerries" calling us "Ami" or the British calling us "yanks". And I read the Wiki link. It really didn't make a good argument for the term being derogatory. I have however heard my Grandfather's(both PTO vets) use it in derogatory fashion but the adjectives surrounding it seemed to make it so. But I will not use it again and I apologize to those who I've offended.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love the rifle.
Don't appreciate the use of word "Jap", if you want to learn about history - do it in respectful way.

He was referring to the Country not a person or people so its kinda silly to repremand upon that. Im sure many more people are offended by your MUTHAF%#&ER avatar than by him shortening the Country name for his post.

Back on topic: Nice Rifle, love the wood buttplate.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He was referring to the Country not a person or people so its kinda silly to repremand upon that. Im sure many more people are offended by your MUTHAF%#&ER avatar than by him shortening the Country name for his post.

My avatar is intended to be "offensive", OP's post wasn't - it was an honest slip up. You on the other hand, are trying somehow to rationalize a use of racial slur. In modern English abbreviation for Japan is JPN; "Jap" has one and only one meaning - and it is derogatory towards people of Japanese descent. It's no different than many other slurs that you know, but not dare to use.

This is a public forum - are we trying to be publicly ignorant or publicly racist?

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love the rifle.

The caliber that rifle shoots is commonly referred to as 7.7 JAP. I have seen Ammunition manufacturers refer to it that way and see most die sets labeled as such. Personally I don't think the OP was taking a jab at a certain group of people just describing a rifle in a standard and common way. While we are speaking of being offended I AM one of those people offended by your avatar. I personally know and like a Marine Corps Vietnam Veteran who was shot in the back by one or your "lead farmers" and is 100% disabled because of it.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The caliber that rifle shoots is commonly referred to as 7.7 JAP. I have seen Ammunition manufacturers refer to it that way and see most die sets labeled as such.
You are right - Hornady does it describing the caliber.
Has it been around since the 40s - yes.
Does it make it "common" - no.
Was the word used in this thread to describe a caliber - no.
Was it used to describe an origin - YES.

Personally I don't think the OP was taking a jab at a certain group of people just describing a rifle in a standard and common way.
I don't think OP meant it either - it doesn't change the fact what the word means, even if it is "standard and common way" in some circles - I don't belong to those circles nor should gun community be portrayed as such.

While we are speaking of being offended I AM one of those people offended by your avatar. I personally know and like a Marine Corps Vietnam Veteran who was shot in the back by one or your "lead farmers" and is 100% disabled because of it.
If a white dude (Robert Downey Jr), in his "black" persona, dressed as vietnamese farmer using a phrase coined in 2008 comedy offends you .... well too freaking bad.

Just because you know and like someone - doesn't put you in their shoes. The way you used "lead farmer" to describe people of Vietnam in a derogatory way is a RACIAL SLUR - this is too embarrassing as it went from bad to ugly.

And if I really want to read into what you are typing there - what exactly do you mean "by one of your lead farmers": I'm of Russian descent, Russians were supporting Viet Cong during the war - so somehow I am PERSONALLY responsible for your friend's tragedy? I'm going to go ahead and take offense to that. Thanks.

Last edited:

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
.... well too freaking bad.

To those offended by the use of the word 'Jap' as a very non-specific descriptor: quit sucking your thumb. The OP meant no butthurt, and that is plainly obvious.

It's not about racism any more than 'Leadfarmer' is... somehow unless we're talking about a comedy, then it is magically exempt from being offensive. What a joke.

Latest posts

Top Bottom