This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The VP9 is quality and well built all the way. Most can get used to the paddle style mag release. Those that can't get opt for the newer version with the American style push button mag release.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one for a few years. Very nice gun. I like the ability to also change the grip side panels. I’m ok with the paddle release although I could see where some might have issues with it. At one time I owned a sample of most striker fired, polymer framed guns. Over the last year, I swapped off a few included the HK. The VP9 and PPQ were two that were the best for me out of the box. If I replaced it, I would personally buy the now available button mag release for simplicity of going between guns. I liked it enough, I have not sold the holsters yet.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Very nice pistols. I came real close to going with a VP9 a couple of years ago but at the time they were priced pretty darn high.

The last time I looked the prices are a lot better these days and with the new mag release version, I really don't know why they aren't more popular.

I would still be tempted to pick one up if I found a heck of a deal even though I'm really wanting a G17.5 MOS or M&P LE 2.0 5" for a range/nightstand pistol.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I owned one for a few years, and carried it regularly. It was a good pistol. I haven't looked at prices for those in a long time, but the VP9's were always on the more affordable side of HK's pistol lineup, but anything HK is going to be a little more expensive than the SW's, Glocks, etc. of the world. I'm a fan of HK, they make very good quality firearms. Had to sell mine (along with several other guns) to put towards medical bills about 3 years ago. Congrats on your trade, you've got a fine firearm.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had the Full size, great gun, just had too many other guns I would take to the range over it. I STiLL have the VP9sk and my wife would kill me if I sold it.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies folks. This sucker is growing on me fast. Just ordered the solid aluminum backplate to get rid of that silly glory hole, 2 factory 20 round and 1 factory 17 round mag. I had to modify the battery cover on one of my X300-UA's to get it to seat on the VP9, but it fits.

Not sure if this will take the place of my Gillie 17 night stand weapon, but it fits me better. Range time will tell.

Again thanks all and keep them coming.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies folks. This sucker is growing on me fast. Just ordered the solid aluminum backplate to get rid of that silly glory hole, 2 factory 20 round and 1 factory 17 round mag. I had to modify the battery cover on one of my X300-UA's to get it to seat on the VP9, but it fits.

Not sure if this will take the place of my Gillie 17 night stand weapon, but it fits me better. Range time will tell.

Again thanks all and keep them coming.

My X300 fit mine.
Need a holster by chance?

0388a21c398c9591c6904ed6613b7660.jpg

98a2daf1d6c8ea2ee8af624c79a3831a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom