This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not aware of any optic specifically for the Grendel. I have used ballistic apps, but the best is getting in field data, with mine, the apps always seem to be on at some distances but off at others. I have a log book that when I shoot I keep data to know exactly what adjustments are for distances

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Several companies that make BDC scopes offer custom turrets with data you provide. Burris, Nikon, Sig, Leupold, etc. and there are 3rd party solutions as well for some scopes. .

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Ballistics for the 65 grendel so closely match the 308 you can use the BDC marks for it. I use a Vortex Crossfire II 6-24x50 dead hold BDC and it was right on for 300 yards with a 100 yard zero. Made popping the 6 inch iron at the 300 yard range easy.

k4ylr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't buy a BDC reticle. Buy a good, variable power optic in either MIL or MOA graduations with a good reticle.

Vortex DB Tactical FFP or Strike Eagle and the Athlon Argos BTR are great budget-friendly options that check every box and come with a good warranty.

If you're budget isn't small, the sky is really the limit.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You would be money ahead to buy something with a mil/mil or moa/moa Christmas tree type reticle and gather all your dope in the field. This way you're not hamstrung by the scopes limitations. Heck, you can even range the distance if you know your target/target stand dimension and the formula: Target size in yards X 1000 / mrads read = range in yards

BDC scopes do nothing for wind, change in bullet weight/muzzle velocity/BC/atmospheric conditions/etc. when you start shooting further out. Hitting a 2moa target from a supported position at 300 yards should be fairly easy for most seasoned gas gun/bolt action center fire rifle shooters. Chances are you looking at roughly 1mil elevation and 1/4 to 1/2mil depending on wind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom