2A Day Gathering at the Capitol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iRIGHTi

Marksman
Reaction score
I like the concept of some type of empty holster gathering to show the politicians that this IS an important topic and that we would like to be able to exercise our RIGHT to keep and BEAR arms.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
organize a facebook campaign to get the folks together and make something happen once you get enough people on FB involved the word of mouth will spread fast.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got 3 weeks. Better to schedule it for February when they are coming back.

That allows you to make it clear to your reps while their home, too.

I'm pretty certain the first day back is 2/6. A little later would likely be better weather wise.

2/2 could show some symbolism, but would be before they ate scheduled to be back. But it could make for a good lead in to the session if we've got the numbers.

2/22 is a Wednesday.

But when they're in session, we can make office visits.

If someone can get it organized and get me some graphics, I can get a site and Facebook page going pretty quickly.

Silveravnt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
organize a facebook campaign to get the folks together and make something happen once you get enough people on FB involved the word of mouth will spread fast.
Many of us don't do facebook so be sure to post here also.

If someone can get it organized and get me some graphics, I can get a site and Facebook page going pretty quickly.
I'm a graphic artist. Let me know what you want.

iRIGHTi

Marksman
Reaction score
Does it hurt us to gather at the Capitol on 2A day with empty holsters and maybe garner some media exposure and perhaps point out how ridiculous it is the legislature will establish a 2A day but they won't let us minions exercise the actual right? We could also do another demonstration in February when they return just to remind them this is important and a fundamental right that we demand to freely exercise!

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does it hurt us to gather at the Capitol on 2A day with empty holsters and maybe garner some media exposure and perhaps point out how ridiculous it is the legislature will establish a 2A day but they won't let us minions exercise the actual right? We could also do another demonstration in February when they return just to remind them this is important and a fundamental right that we demand to freely exercise!

June is too short notice to get a decent turnout, in my opinion. It's important to have at least a decent showing, especially with such an important matter.

What do you guys think about late February to just before Spring Break (or perhaps even Spring Break)? The average highs are high 50's to low 60's, but we all know how fickle Oklahoma weather can be at that time.

Another option could be to wait until the nice weather near the end of the session in May and get 'em just before time to hit the campaign trail.

Or possibly both, depending on the circumstances.

Latest posts

Top Bottom