2A Shooting Center (OPS)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grendel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hours are 9 - 8 Monday through Thursday, 9 to 10 Friday and Saturday, and I think 10 to 4 on Sundays. There are no age restrictions to shoot as long as a parent is with the kid, in fact they encourage kids to come shoot with their parents. A very open and welcoming atmosphere I think.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The guys running this one are shooters. They know what shooters enjoy and what they don't. They're going to treat people like they'd want to be treated at the range, which makes for a friendly and inviting atmosphere. :)

acp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stopped in today and did all the paper work. It is an excellent facility and the staff were all very friendly. I did not have anything with me to shoot so I did not get the chance. In response to the rapid fire and drawing from a holster, well they gave me a sheet with rules of the range. The sheet said no rapid fire, no drawing from holsters and no multi lane shooting unless authorized. I asked Eric months ago about that very thing. He said if you had some training he would let you. He did not really go into it with me at the time, but anyway the rules did not say one shot every three seconds, it just said no rapid fire. Take it for what it is worth.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I stopped in today and did all the paper work. It is an excellent facility and the staff were all very friendly. I did not have anything with me to shoot so I did not get the chance. In response to the rapid fire and drawing from a holster, well they gave me a sheet with rules of the range. The sheet said no rapid fire, no drawing from holsters and no multi lane shooting unless authorized. I asked Eric months ago about that very thing. He said if you had some training he would let you. He did not really go into it with me at the time, but anyway the rules did not say one shot every three seconds, it just said no rapid fire. Take it for what it is worth.

He told me that if you had an IDPA/USPSA card or that kind of thing you could get approved, as long as you were above novice.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shot at 2A for the first time yesterday, and I have to say, it's a first-rate facility despite the A/C cr@pping out at one point, the humidity shooting way up, then the heat kicking in - all in the space of a few minutes. Then the A/C came back on, and all was well the rest of the time I was on the firing line. I did notice there already was paint damage from bullets and shotgun pellets on the angled ceiling at the backstop - I wonder if that will be such an issue they'll stop allowing the use of shotguns and requiring that people post their targets further downrange.

I wasn't aware of the rule about rapid fire / drawing from a holster, but a couple of the people who run the facility know me, so no one said anything.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I joined on the "Heroes" plan yesterday and my wife and I did some shooting. Of course Eric knows me and had no issues with me drawing from concealment and firing. I think it's going to be important for them to restrict that type of shooting to those with experience or a certification class at the range. Otherwise the shooting positions are going to get torn up quickly. They already have one target runner down due to someone hitting the target holder.

Eric even borrowed my M16 with the suppressed .22lr upper for Gabby to shoot. I'm pretty sure she expects him to get her one now. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom