2nd annual Wounded Warrior Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Additional information from the Match Director:

Ladies & Gentlemen,

Thank you for your interest in attending our Wounded Warrior Benefit Match. Below are details to help you to plan your day; including the silent auction that does not require shooter participation.

Sign-in for shooters will begin at 7:30 AM in the clubhouse and continue throughout the day for those who prefer to shoot later in the day (the large building to right when you first enter the USSA facility).

NOTE: There have been over 40 pre-registrations received thus far. Quite a few people have promised to sign up on Saturday. As Match Director this makes it rather hard to plan beginning and end times. We must keep in mind the purpose of this exercise is to raising money for our most treasured national asset- our Wounded Warriors. If you work on Saturday till 4:00 PM and cannot get there earlier - I will have a Safety Officer assigned to you with a flashlight taking you through the course. This is for our injured veterans, and I will accomodate any of you who want to participate. We will do all we can to accomodate your timing and anyone who shoots together with you.

We will have a flag-raising ceremony promptly at 8:30 AM.

Shooting will start shortly thereafter.

SAFETY FOCUS:

We have, and do encourage, new shooters as well as having shooters from various shooting disciplines. Most of you know and practice these safety issues but we especially want to recite them for those who may be unsure to be clear and to build their confidence. This does not include Range Rules or basic safety rules that our Safety Officers will share to those who ask.

1) It is fine to show up with a holstered gun but is not required. Make sure it is empty, and do not take it out of the holster until a Safety Officer (guy with red Wounded Warrior hat) tells you to. The Safety Officer is there to help you please ask him any questions no matter how trivial you may think they are. We want this to be an enjoyable experience for everyone.

2) If you do not have a holster that is fine. Keep the unloaded weapon in a bag/case and tell the safety officer about it. He will instruct you on when and how to take it out when it is your turn to shoot.

3) Bring hearing and eye protection and use it! We are shooting steel targets. It is uncommon, but a piece of lead bounceback in your eye is not a laughing matter.

4) If in doubt ask a question. Our paramount concern at United States Shooting Academy is safety and your enjoyment. We recognize new shooters have a lot of questions and we want to put you at ease. Please ask us anything you have questions on.

FORMAT:

We will be shooting a Steel challenge format. There will be nine bays with various arrays of 5 pieces of steel in each bay. On a timer (buzzer) start you will shoot until you hit each piece of steel or decide to stop for some reason. You will engage the targets from a fixed firing point - a table. If you do not have a holster, or do not feel comfortable drawing from the holster, you can start with the gun in your hand at low ready (low ready is simple and will be explained by the safety officer to those who ask) on the table.

You will shoot each array of steel 3 times, and your best score will go in for the scorekeeping.

That is 135 rounds if you do not miss. I would bring 200.

In a additional shooting bay, Curt Higgins of S&H Arms will be demonstrating (and letting you shoot!) some suppressed weapons. If you have never shot a silenced 22 rifle or pistol you will be in for a treat.

SILENT AUCTION AND GOODIES

We have had some truly wonderful folks donate some items to give away to our shooters. You support our Wounded Warriors and these fine folks support you. These items will be given away on a random basis (GPS units, knives, etc.) and you do not need to be present to win.

Entry as a shooter guarantees you a chance to win a new Beretta shotgun without any additional tickets needed to enter. If we have over 65 shooters there will be no raffle tickets sold for this firearm.

Springfield Armory sold me some guns at below dealer price when I told them about this event. They also gave me free shipping. I cannot express enough gratitude to the fine folks at Springfield Armory. We will be handling these weapons as follows.

We will sell raffle tickets for one GI 1911. An additional five Springfield 1911's will be on a silent auction (put your bid down on clipboard.). These 1911's will start bidding at $425.00. This is a ridiculously low starting price. Dealer price on Mil-Spec 1911's is $539.33 without shipping. One heckuva deal.

For all gun auctions, people who choose not to participate in the shoot will be assessed $35 if they are the successful low bidder....still one heckuva deal.

We also have Springfield Armory M1A1's. These will be on a silent auction also. They will start bidding at $1,150. Dealer price on these is over $1,375 and no one has them in stock.

You can buy a great toy, get it at a great price, and raise money for a veteran that put his tail on the line for you. That is a fine transaction.
Hope to see you there.

Curt Nichols

DC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is From Curt everyone.

Ladies & Gentlemen,

Thank you for your interest in attending our Wounded Warrior Benefit Match. Below are details to help you to plan your day; including the silent auction that does not require shooter participation.

Sign-in for shooters will begin at 7:30 AM in the clubhouse and continue throughout the day for those who prefer to shoot later in the day (the large building to right when you first enter the USSA facility).

NOTE: There have been over 40 pre-registrations received thus far. Quite a few people have promised to sign up on Saturday. As Match Director this makes it rather hard to plan beginning and end times. We must keep in mind the purpose of this exercise is to raising money for our most treasured national asset- our Wounded Warriors. If you work on Saturday till 4:00 PM and cannot get there earlier - I will have a Safety Officer assigned to you with a flashlight taking you through the course. This is for our injured veterans, and I will accomodate any of you who want to participate. We will do all we can to accomodate your timing and anyone who shoots together with you.

We will have a flag-raising ceremony promptly at 8:30 AM.

Shooting will start shortly thereafter.

SAFETY FOCUS:

We have, and do encourage, new shooters as well as having shooters from various shooting disciplines. Most of you know and practice these safety issues but we especially want to recite them for those who may be unsure to be clear and to build their confidence. This does not include Range Rules or basic safety rules that our Safety Officers will share to those who ask.

1) It is fine to show up with a holstered gun but is not required. Make sure it is empty, and do not take it out of the holster until a Safety Officer (guy with red Wounded Warrior hat) tells you to. The Safety Officer is there to help you please ask him any questions no matter how trivial you may think they are. We want this to be an enjoyable experience for everyone.

2) If you do not have a holster that is fine. Keep the unloaded weapon in a bag/case and tell the safety officer about it. He will instruct you on when and how to take it out when it is your turn to shoot.

3) Bring hearing and eye protection and use it! We are shooting steel targets. It is uncommon, but a piece of lead bounceback in your eye is not a laughing matter.

4) If in doubt ask a question. Our paramount concern at United States Shooting Academy is safety and your enjoyment. We recognize new shooters have a lot of questions and we want to put you at ease. Please ask us anything you have questions on.

FORMAT:

We will be shooting a Steel challenge format. There will be nine bays with various arrays of 5 pieces of steel in each bay. On a timer (buzzer) start you will shoot until you hit each piece of steel or decide to stop for some reason. You will engage the targets from a fixed firing point - a table. If you do not have a holster, or do not feel comfortable drawing from the holster, you can start with the gun in your hand at low ready (low ready is simple and will be explained by the safety officer to those who ask) on the table.

You will shoot each array of steel 3 times, and your best score will go in for the scorekeeping.

That is 135 rounds if you do not miss. I would bring 200.

In a additional shooting bay, Curt Higgins of S&H Arms will be demonstrating (and letting you shoot!) some suppressed weapons. If you have never shot a silenced 22 rifle or pistol you will be in for a treat.

SILENT AUCTION AND GOODIES

We have had some truly wonderful folks donate some items to give away to our shooters. You support our Wounded Warriors and these fine folks support you. These items will be given away on a random basis (GPS units, knives, etc.) and you do not need to be present to win.

Entry as a shooter guarantees you a chance to win a new Beretta shotgun without any additional tickets needed to enter. If we have over 65 shooters there will be no raffle tickets sold for this firearm.

Springfield Armory sold me some guns at below dealer price when I told them about this event. They also gave me free shipping. I cannot express enough gratitude to the fine folks at Springfield Armory. We will be handling these weapons as follows.

We will sell raffle tickets for one GI 1911. An additional five Springfield 1911's will be on a silent auction (put your bid down on clipboard.). These 1911's will start bidding at $425.00. This is a ridiculously low starting price. Dealer price on Mil-Spec 1911's is $539.33 without shipping. One heckuva deal.

For all gun auctions, people who choose not to participate in the shoot will be assessed $35 if they are the successful low bidder....still one heckuva deal.

We also have Springfield Armory M1A1's. These will be on a silent auction also. They will start bidding at $1,150. Dealer price on these is over $1,375 and no one has them in stock.

You can buy a great toy, get it at a great price, and raise money for a veteran that put his tail on the line for you. That is a fine transaction.
Hope to see you there.

Curt Nichols

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Don, was the post just before yours that took up half the page and was word for word not good enough? :)

It was good reading the second time as well. Thanks to all that participate at this an all of the other WWP events.

Mike

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jerry and Don, I have two Wilson Combat 20% off tickets that were donated for the Jeremiah Mitchell shoot that are still available, would you like to use these?

Also, I still plan to be at the shoot to take photos for you, is there anything I need to know? Anything specific you are wanting?

Latest posts

Top Bottom