3 Gun vs SASS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rdhaley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the info. I watched some of Saturday's 3-gun at OKC Gun club. Looks fun. I work at my church on Sundays so I didn't make the SASS match today. I will attend the next one on a Saturday. I'm really leaning toward Cowboy action because I know my family will get involved also. Plus I like that era of history.
Thanks again.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the info. I watched some of Saturday's 3-gun at OKC Gun club. Looks fun. I work at my church on Sundays so I didn't make the SASS match today. I will attend the next one on a Saturday. I'm really leaning toward Cowboy action because I know my family will get involved also. Plus I like that era of history.
Thanks again.

Shoot both disciplines! :D

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was ignored at two three-gun competitions I attended, even after trying to ask questions.
http://www.okcgunclub.org/cowboy/

You must have been dressed up wearing camouflage and everyone thought you were a figment of their hangover, if youve gone to any 3gun match Ive even gone to. We have coerced new shooters into coming without even owning necessary guns; we've had loaner guns waiting for them.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanks again.

Plus; if I think I know who you were, you have some facial hair custom made for your very own SASS alias! Thanks for coming and watching, I hope your time with the three gun crowd was fun, and we were helpful and informative..
The other thing, that no one really said, was that three gun is a much more athletic match than SASS, which (correct me if Im wrong) is mostly limited side to side movement and isnt terribly big into testing accuracy skills. Meaning theres not many really tight shots.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you go to an OKC 3 Gun match with ammo, my buddies over there will loan you all the guns and gear you need to shoot the match.

I can vouch for that!! You guys are hysterical! I went out to watch once ... just to see what I could see ... next thing I knew I was geared up like some kind of suicidal terrorist. Nobody would let me pay them for their ammo. I don't think they even asked me to pay the match fee, now that I think about it. I had an absolute blast! :heart:

Latest posts

Top Bottom