3 Gun? What Shotgun Do You Use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogs bollux

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mr. Jesse your typing skills seem to be as erratic as your shooting skills, I believe what you are trying to say is the M4 has a gas piston, not a gas pistol.

As for cleaning your equipment, i would be most happy to show you how when I borrow them for the 3 gun match. So many shooters claim to know the guns they use but do not know how to maintain them, and keep them running, it should be a requirement before being allowed to shoot them.

i was reading the information and rules from your high plains shotgun challenge, and it seems that they allow box mag shotguns to compete in the standard division, this is completely against IPSC doctrine, such rule changes should never be allowed, it makes for a very confusing and unfair advantage.

I am not completely aware of the saiga that you speak of, it appears to be a variation of the much better made molot shotgun, the molot can be made into an unbeatable sg for open division, as past shotgun championships have shown.

reloading a standard shotgun takes lots of conditioning for the hands to be able to do it quickly, the fastest way now is the method that loads from the chest, the weakhand method is old and slower now, the germans have proved this in the last ESC.

as always, Yuer Ronge

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the patient responses regarding Saigas and Open Division shooting - I wasn't aware the Saigas got booted up into the big-money classes ;)

So the Benelli M1/M2 gets most of the accolades for 3-gun shooting. What about the M4 with a titanium 2-round mag extender (6+1) - how does that stack up against its brethren for those competitions? My guess is the mag capacity still isn't up to snuff; and the pistol grip isn't going to be popular, but I'm really not sure why...

I pulled the pistol grip stock off my Benelli in favor of a standard stock. I like to have a really good hold on the shotty. I don't feel like I have as much control with the pistol grip stock.

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not expert at anything and still learning, but I run the pistol grip stock on my M1 and like it. It's what I started with so I stick with it.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mr. Jesse your typing skills seem to be as erratic as your shooting skills, I believe what you are trying to say is the M4 has a gas piston, not a gas pistol.

As for cleaning your equipment, i would be most happy to show you how when I borrow them for the 3 gun match. So many shooters claim to know the guns they use but do not know how to maintain them, and keep them running, it should be a requirement before being allowed to shoot them.

as always, Yuer Ronge

Yuri Rytard,

My typing skills and trigger finger are very similar. I often make mistakes with both.

dogs bollux

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mr. jesse, i'm so sorry that your feelings are fragile, perhaps I should not borrow your equipment to win the match with. I think it would be better to just use my own, especially since I am sure to win the match.

dogs bollux

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
back to topic, my preference is for Italian shotguns, that start with the letter "B" but I only shoot standard and standard manual, not open.

since i started in IPSC shotgun, and the current rules for IPSC shotgun make much more sense than the current US rules do it is much easier to comply with a wider range of match rules. For the shotgun its all about loading it and keeping it loaded, if you can get 8 rounds loaded in under 6 seconds then you are fast enough to move onto other things, but you must not miss. otherwise you waste more time reloading for the miss.

of course having a magazine tube that is much longer than you're barrel is a poor choice, a few inches past is ok, but more than that is,..............silly!!
you must be able to change chokes also, a fixed choke is a hinderance, and anyone that uses only one choke is hurting themselves in match play.

remember, as always,.......Yuer Ronge

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So yuer, I take it you flip it over and load it strong hand? I don't see many ferreners do the weak hand thing. I always thought, once you learn to hit things, then worry about loading! But then, who am I telling about hitting things? I hear that when it comes to shotgun matches, you break everything you hit, er, I mean aim at.

Looking forward to see you and your bernadelli shotgun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom