3 Gun? What Shotgun Do You Use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanmccanne

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, on topic, I shoot a JP built 1100 and it works 100% of the time, 95% of the time. As long as I keep it clean and wet, it will run. most of the issues I have are user error.

Otherwise, I've seen some people load pretty quickly flipped over, but that doesn't have much to do with shotguns.

:)

dogs bollux

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
mr. spotted pony and mr. icy face, wouldn't you both like to shoot at Valerie just once?????

You could probably aim each others barrels at the same time. Spotty pony, I load the superior european way "FASTER" it does not matter the method just that you pick a way that you are comfortable with and do it, many times. Yes I rarely miss what I am trying to hit, this allows for faster movement thru a stage, and thins the competitive field. there are many euro's (british) that load weakhand, as mr. miller does but the superior way is currently from chest loaders with 2 rounds per load.

but the shotgun is only one of the three weapons needed to compete with you must be proficient with all three to do well.

remember,......as always, Yuer Ronge

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
IN all seriousness, I wrote the following in another thread.
You don't see many Mossberg's in 3-gun at all. There is a reason for that. They are not very reliable and are not made to stand up to the amount of rounds we put through them. 1100's are iffy if you clean between stages and replace o-rings every couple hundred rounds. The FN's are ok, but we have seen a lot of them go down lately. Another issue with the FN's are that I see a lot of people, when loading, not get the round far enough in the tube and it ends up on the carrier, which means you arent loading anymore until you shoot. Benelli is worth the money and IMHO is the only reliable shotgun for 3-gun.

Spiff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to get an auto loader before the next match. I was thinking about just going ahead and getting an FN, but if they're starting to go TU now I might hold off.

I've heard of lots of mods on Benellis to get them to shoot light loads, and I've heard they run right out of the box. How much work does a stock M1/M2 need for 3-gun?

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to get an auto loader before the next match. I was thinking about just going ahead and getting an FN, but if they're starting to go TU now I might hold off.

I've heard of lots of mods on Benellis to get them to shoot light loads, and I've heard they run right out of the box. How much work does a stock M1/M2 need for 3-gun?

it needs an $80 Nordic Magazine extension. The longer the better IMO. I recommend $30 to have your lifter welded so you don't lose your thumb loading. You can add a rear sight, bolt release button, charging handle, hi viz sight, later but you don't need them ever.

Save a few more dollars and get a Benelli the first time around.

dogs bollux

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good news fellow Okie's and 3 gun shooters, my superiors have approved my vacation, so I must go to Tennessee and visit my brother, Itso. While there I must drive to Kentucky and see fellow shooters at Blue Ridge Mountain 3 gun event. Sadly i will not be able to shoot in match, but can only watch. it will be invaluable experience to see such good shooters as US has to offer.

remember, as always........Yuer Ronge

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good news fellow Okie's and 3 gun shooters, my superiors have approved my vacation, so I must go to Tennessee and visit my brother, Itso. While there I must drive to Kentucky and see fellow shooters at Blue Ridge Mountain 3 gun event. Sadly i will not be able to shoot in match, but can only watch. it will be invaluable experience to see such good shooters as US has to offer.

remember, as always........Yuer Ronge

I'm gonna start calling you Harry, Dogs Bollux. Kinda has a ring to it. Enjoy the show up at Blue Ridge. Mr. Icy face and Mr. Miller will be there. Kicking a$$ and taking names...take notes and make sure they get your name spelled right.

Latest posts

Top Bottom