3 Gun? What Shotgun Do You Use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spiff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heh, yeah, looks like a deal to me. 24", only comes with one choke, and not looking like it has the stock shim kit. I'd really like to have a shim kit since I'm not an average size fella. My other concern is the light loads issue, I've seen that mentioned a few times now. I really don't have time right now to mess around with a shotgun that won't run what I want to feed it.

But heck, at that price I could shoot it for a while, and sell it for a gain when I find something else!

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But heck, at that price I could shoot it for a while, and sell it for a gain when I find something else!

That's exactly what I was thinking.

I bet it will run regular 2 3/4" buckshot, slugs, and AA. So what if you gotta spend an extra $1/box on shells.

Offer them $600 and see what happens.

I bet you could post a WTT for M2 on the benelli forum with this SBE and get what you want real fast.

Spiff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's exactly what I was thinking.

I bet it will run regular 2 3/4" buckshot, slugs, and AA. So what if you gotta spend an extra $1/box on shells.

Offer them $600 and see what happens.

I bet you could post a WTT for M2 on the benelli forum with this SBE and get what you want real fast.

Hell, he just told me they're offering a 15% discount for used long guns. Looking like this one's coming home.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Congrats. I bet I know someone that can tune it up and get it awesome for you for just a bit more cash. His name is Benny and after you get it and shoot it, we will get you the contact info and he will get it rockin'

Jesse is right, I bet it will shoot LR slugs and buck and at least 1 1/8 oz loads. Remember, most recoil comes from the amount of shot in the shell an inertia driven guns like heavier loads. Once Benny lightens the bolt, I bet it will even run lighter loads.

M

Spiff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm familiar with Benny from BE. I've actually shot some of his handiwork when I was doing some multigun in Houston. He'd definitely be the first guy by a long shot on my list.

Told the dude I'd take his SBE, gonna try to pick it up Friday afternoon. I usually use (and have a bunch of) 1 1/8 oz. 3 dram / 1200 - 1250 fps loads and I keep reading that they'll run off of something like that.

Thanks again everyone for all your help!

Spiff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I guess I officially joined the spaghetti shooter's club today. Out the door for $643.17 at a pawn shop in Plano. :D

[Broken External Image]

Pretty close to minty. Has definitely been shot a little, but had cobwebs (!) in the mag tube. It came with one Benelli non-extended modified choke and that was it. Stock seems to fit me pretty well, which is good because I don't have any shims. I'm really liking the mid-bead setup. I've been shooting rifles only for so long that my eyes get weirded out without something else to line up.

I understand Benelli thumb now...what on earth is wrong with those guys? Don't they realize that you have to use your FINGERS to load a shotgun? I will be sending the carrier to C-Rums shortly! I'll also be placing an order to Nordic for either a +6 or +7 tube, clamp, and bolt release button. I guess I'll have to borrow Dad's drill press next time I go home for the button.

Any other tips? Thanks again guys!

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dude you stole that gun!!!

If you need a 8 or 11 round tube for the match I got you covered. I would NOT get the Nordic button. It's the one add on that Tim doesn't make better than the others. I like my Arredondo button or the little flat Daves Metal works bars look fast.

Latest posts

Top Bottom