30 Cal suppresor suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TyMD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im looking into starting the stamp process for a can before the trust rules change in July and was wanting some suggestions on cans. I plan on using it mainly on a 8.5" 300 BO, but also want to use on a 308 bull pup i have as well as my standard AR. I m having trouble deciding between short vs long when putting it on the 308. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Liberty Chaotic on my .300 BLK SBR (8-1/2" barrel) and it works very well with both subsonic and supersonic ammuntion. Although it's specifically designed for .300 BLK it's rated for others also.
We rate this silencer for many calibers such as:
300BLK – 7.5″ barrel
308 WIN – 16″ barrel
5.56 NATO / 223 REM – 10″ barrel
243 WIN – 16″ barrel
260 REM – 16″ barrel
NOTE: Basically any caliber less than 308WIN and 16″ or longer.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Really like my Omega so far, I've had it on my 277 Wolverine AR so far, and with supersonic hunting rounds (around 2550 fps), we literally heard a bullet ricochet after exiting a coyote in TX one night...its rated full auto and up to 300 Win Mag I believe...I have an AR pistol upper coming next week that I plan to try it out on...nice thing about it is the many different ways you can configure each end of the suppressor, direct thread in 1/2" or 5/8", quick connect, flat end cap or brake end, etc

Volmarr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the Omega and used it on a 8" 300Blk , 10.5" .223, 762x39 and .308. I havent compared it to any other suppressor but I am very happy with it. 300blk is so quiet. I was not impressed with 7.62x39 but it could just be my rifle that makes it seem louder. .308 is quiet enough you dont need ear protection.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
My advice would be to get a lightweight titanium that performs up to the specs you need. It will be so much handier on multiple calibers.

I got the YHM Phantom Titanium in 7.62 with the QD mount. Bought a separate mount for a 5.56 as well, although that's temporary - I plan on buying a 5.56 can soon.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the AAC N-6 and it has performed very well for me on both 300 Blackout and 308 WIN. I get excellent suppression on both. Saying that, if I bought one today, it would probably be the Silencerco Omega or Saker 762.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have friends that have the AAC 7.62 SD and the N6. They like them a lot on the 300 BLK. I have sold most of the can listed in the above post. So far no one a came back not liking what they bought. I got one can in for a customer that I liked a lot. The Gemtech "The One". I read up on it and liked what I read. So I ordered one in for myself. I yet to try it and I am not able to shoot guns right now from a on the job injury to my arm. I went with the 3 pack set. Comes with the GM22, GM45, and "the One"

For the most part, stay with a well known MFG. See what you want to pay for a can. Ask yourself do you want light wight. Just so many ways to look at it.
I also have a good friend that went with the Surefire 300 SPS because he shoots a lot of long range and Point of Impact is a very big deal with him. He also went with the Dead Air Sandman Ti. And one thing to think about is Volume is your friend in a can!

Latest posts

Top Bottom