30 Herrett contender question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was told there is a gentleman by the name of blitzfike or something close to that that handloads quite a few calibers.
I am looking for someone that has loading data on the 30 Herrett. I know the general info about cutting the case down and pulling the shoulder back but I have never done any kind of reloading nor do I have any of the equipment to do so. Actually I do have a set of RCBS dies for the 30 herrett but thats it. I am anxious to learn. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Big Dave, You heard correctly that I load 30 Herrett as well as the 357 Herrett. I've been loading both those beasts for about 3 years now and I've found that I like the IMR-4198 best for those particular rounds. I load everything from 110 grain JSP to 150 grain JSP and a variety of cast bullets for plinking with it in the 30. In the 357, I load 110 grain to 180 grain bullets, with the majority being 125 grain jsp. I am in Texas for the holiday and when I get back, I'll dig out some of my load data for you to examine. I use a chronograph when working up loads to try to stay in the velocity range that the manuals call for and it really helps with the development. I am in the Tuttle area, about 30 miles SW of OKC, so most of our collaboration will probably be by email or phone, but I'll be glad to help any way I can. I use the standard RCBS loading dies to form my cases for both. Some people claim you have to use special form dies, but the 30-30 case is soft enough that I have not had any problems using them. I usually trim the cases to a little longer than I want them on a belt sander and finish with a case trimmer after they have been formed. I can send pictures in email or talk by phone as needed. Blitzfike

Latest posts

Top Bottom