300 blackout............good, bad or indifferent??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, I've got 5.56, too. I originally built a 300 BLK because I could use the same BCG and mags, and I first thought I would just do a barrel swap. Changed my mind and built a complete rifle. But, I also hunt and reload. I haven't gotten into the suppressed game yet, but that's a viable option someday!

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will be taking delivery on a custom bolt gun in 762x39 tomorrow that is being built to humble all those 300 blackout and 762 black rifles at the range. I am quite confident it will do just that too. :thumbup3:

lkothe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finished getting parts for my .300blk today from FBT.....mounted my SS 16" FBT barrel on the Anderson upper and installed the low profile gas block/tube.....went to dimple the barrel for gas block set screw and the entire upper popped out of the vise! Grrrrr I hadn't tightened it down enough and of course the barrel hit the concrete garage floor right on the end, dinging the flash hider threads. Sighs....30 slow minutes with a small triangle file and the flash hider screwed on with no problems. 12.5" FBT forward grip mounted up and its ready to shoot with the new nitride BCG and a med Gunfighter charging handle.

Any problems with shooting it with my 5.56 lower?
Hope to load some 125's tomorrow pushed by a bit of 1680...

Latest posts

Top Bottom