.32-20 caliber

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I inherited a Colt Police Positive in 32-20 made in 1916. As far as was known by my relatives, it has never been fired, but does have a lot of history with it. I don't have any ammo for it, and plenty of other guns to shoot, so shooting it has never been a priority. This thread kind of makes me think about it, just once anyway.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a lot of history with the .32-20 cartridge. I have two rifles and two revolvers in .32-20; both revolvers are Smith & Wesson Hand Ejectors. One is a square butt 5" barrel from before WWII- probably late 30's. It's the one I shoot & carry mostly. The other one is a Model of 1903 from probably 1904 or 1905; it has the hard rubber round butt and 5" barrel.

I use a 115 grain cast bullet over 3.8 grains of W-231 in the newer revolver and 3.5 grains of W-231 in the older one.

For roaming the woods and fishing in the creeks and rivers of SE Oklahoma I think the .32-20 revolvers are just right. Both of my .32-20 revolvers came out of Leflore County. I also have two Ruger Single-Six revolvers in .32 H&R Mag and a little S&W .32 Long Hand Ejector with a 3" barrel and round hard rubber grip. I think it is an I-Frame.

Cedar Creek

Latest posts

Top Bottom