32 H&R Mag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rusty- NICE!!! I am wanting at least one of those badly!

Ty- It's a true 32 H&R. Marlin only made them from like 2004-2006. I was out at Red Castle BSing with the CAS crowd and one of the women shooters ran 32 in her pistols and lever. I didn't even know Marlin made them and when I found out I was all about locating one. Happened to pick one up at the last Tulsa show but haven't had a chance to take it out yet. If you find one you gotta decide how bad you want it!

Glad to see I'm not the only .32 fan around here. I really enjoy that caliber!

Wow that's a pretty hard rifle to find. you can get the 32-20 I just dont know if I can feed it H&R... Ah... Too many wants

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here she be-

ai655.photobucket.com_albums_uu277_flatwins_Shooting_Marlin94.jpg

billyy2288

New to the site!
Reaction score
I've just started loading for the 32mag. I have a couple single sixes I bought used from a fellow on another forum. Here's a couple links I've found for some load data. I use 10.5gr of Lil Gun w/85gr xtp. Still experimenting with cast boolits and am waiting on a custom mold from www.castboolits.gunloads.com. Seems like a great little round so far. I'm also wanting a 327 Blackhawk. 8 shots, 100gr bullet @ 1600fps, able to shoot 32 short, long, mag, & 32 supermag (327). What's not too like? Oh yeah, the availability of .312 bullets & ammo. No worries, I cast 90% of my bullets. I've seen a few on Gunbroker and Guns America but none local. A couple shops have me on the list, one of the shops has 34 of them on order. No news on when they'll be released yet.

http://reloadammo.com/32hr-mag.htm
http://www.castpics.net/memberarticles/Cast in the .32 H & R Magnum.htm

Thanks you for the post.

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep meaning to order some of the 115gr Gold Dots intended for the 327, and work up a 32Mag load. With the absolute non-availability of 32Mag ammo, the need grows daily. My supply of carry ammo is diminishing rapidly.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I keep meaning to order some of the 115gr Gold Dots intended for the 327, and work up a 32Mag load. With the absolute non-availability of 32Mag ammo, the need grows daily. My supply of carry ammo is diminishing rapidly.

Do you mind telling us what you have and how you like it from a 327 standpoint? I wish brass was a little easier to find for the ultra mag

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Loading some odd ones at the moment: 2.7 gr of Unique under 100 gr SWC in .32 S&WL brass with OAL length of 1.3". Essentially .32 H&R Mag length cartridge but in a shorter case. We'll see how it does tomorrow in the '94 Marlin.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FWIW, these Marlin 94s in 32 H&R will run 32 S&WL with no problem, even at normal cartridge length. So my goal of having a 32 S&WL rifle is complete. Good times! The thing shoots quite nice.

Tin Star Firearms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those dies should work just fine. I load mine with a set of Hornady dies for the .32H&R Magnum but it says it would do the shorts and longs too. I have one of the Marlin rifles but have not shot it yet. The Ruger single six is a great platform for that round. I have been doing 3.2g of Titegroup under a 100g LFN from Missouri Bullet. Shows about 980fps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom